Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Dinner Ideas Dinner Ideas

meal planning

Posted by on Sep. 17, 2012 at 12:20 PM
  • 9 Replies
For some reason I find this so hard to do. My mother never meal planned, she just went and bought stuff and figured out what was for dinner when the time came.
I am on a budget. I buy groceries once a month. I need help planning meals so I can start buying exactly what I need for the meals we will have.

Can anyone help me?
by on Sep. 17, 2012 at 12:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
amirahsmommy11
by Member on Sep. 17, 2012 at 1:08 PM
I wish I knew how to do this myself!! Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
louannwilkins
by Bronze Member on Sep. 17, 2012 at 3:07 PM

I'm sorry I don't think I'll be of much help.  I dont shop just once a month.  I'm on a budget too but I like to see what all the sales are and buy a lot of times according to that.  I'm sure someone will be able to help you though.  Good luck!!    :)

OliviaW.
by on Sep. 17, 2012 at 3:12 PM

First thing that I would do is either figure out what you want or figure out what you can make with what you already have. Pastas, rices and beans go far. If you can make stuff from scratch do so cause the ingredients to make breads  and stuff are cheaper and go farther then buying them.

melliburger
by Melli on Sep. 17, 2012 at 3:17 PM
The way I meal plan is I make up a list of meals. From that list I write down a grocery list base on those meals and then add to the list other things like lunch items a few easy dinners and breakfast items. We shop once or twice a month for groceries but go in for milk a few times a week. If u want take a look at my pinterest I have a board called computer stuff and I have a lot of printable menu plans on there www.pinterest.com/melliburger
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kmqw229
by Bronze Member on Sep. 17, 2012 at 3:42 PM
I usually plan one week at a time. I figure out what we need based on that. I usually do something simple for breakfast & lunch, then a little more complicated for dinner.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:18 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on Sep. 17, 2012 at 6:17 PM

You've been given some great ideas,
Find some meals you want to make & that will last/freeze.
Write them down & then plan your market list from it :)

Join us at
Time Out for You

bec94
by Member on Sep. 17, 2012 at 6:22 PM
I've broken down the week into dinner themes. Moday and Thursday is chicken, tues is pork, weds is breakfast or stirfry, Friday is pizza or pasta, Saturday is fish and Sunday is steak. I just pick recipes based on this and plan for 2 weeks. It's not set in stone, and some days I plan for leftovers.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Vipergirl22
by Jessica on Sep. 17, 2012 at 6:31 PM

We do two big shops a month and I make a up a menu for those two weeks and we shop based off that and get things for breakfast and lunches. We do tend to pick up meat items as we need them though because meat doesn't stay fresh very long for us.

snuggiewoogie
by on Sep. 17, 2012 at 8:24 PM

Good luck to you :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)