Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Dinner Ideas Dinner Ideas

help with eating healthier...

Posted by on Sep. 18, 2012 at 10:32 AM
  • 8 Replies
Ok so i would love to eat healthier dinners. Like i love stirfries and similar meals but my dh and ss completely ruin me fixing healthy dinners. They are so picky and i'm getting tired of the same meals over and over again...i dont want to cook two different meals, but i dont want to eat the same not so healthy meals over and over. I try to make them as healthy as possible but i want a bigger variety of what i can cook...i'm also on a very tight budget. Any ideas?
by on Sep. 18, 2012 at 10:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
melliburger
by Melli on Sep. 18, 2012 at 1:51 PM
I would check out skinnytaste.com great flavorful recipes but healthier versions. There are also a lot of weight watchers friendly recipes on pinterest.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
americansugar80
by New Member on Sep. 18, 2012 at 2:45 PM

i have this problem too but i get told over and over again that if you and your spouse can't eat healthier then it won't help the kids. They need to actually see you eat it and then have them try it. sadly it took 11 years for my boy to try mashed potatoes and like them but that was because it was served at a holiday dinner and everyone was eating it but not the husband, it just takes baby steps, you can't throw it in front of them and expect them to try it.

it also had taken 13 years for another one of my oldest to eat fried chicken and other meats and hey, i moved up from cheese pizza to pepperoni!!!!! its so exciting lol. look up interesting recipes too like for fresh green beans right out of the garden, i got a recipe that makes them a lil sweet and my daughter surprisingly liked them and she'd never would try them in a million years

snuggiewoogie
by on Sep. 18, 2012 at 8:25 PM

I'm not gonna be much help I love to eat all the things I know I should not be eating! lol....

BelindaDuvessa
by Member on Sep. 18, 2012 at 10:27 PM

I plan Menus and have my husband look over it before we settle on that.  He's not picky, but he's a huge meat eater and not so much the veggies....and I'm trying to introduce some meatless meals into our life.  Not go full vegetarian or anything, mostly just for variety.  Some things have worked great, others haven't.  But I ask that he try everything once, and if he doesn't like it, we won't have it again.  Or if we do, I'll make sure there's something on hand for him to eat instead.

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 10:20 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on Sep. 19, 2012 at 12:02 AM

I menu plan & then do the market list from it,
Lots of chicken as there are so many ways to make it ..
Do you use a crockpot?
I also make lots of hearty soups that we use for meals as well :)

Join us at
Time Out for You

louannwilkins
by Bronze Member on Sep. 19, 2012 at 8:06 AM

this

Quoting melliburger:

I would check out skinnytaste.com great flavorful recipes but healthier versions. There are also a lot of weight watchers friendly recipes on pinterest.

aidensmomma508
by on Sep. 19, 2012 at 9:02 AM

i don't know if you can find ways to sneak in healthy meals like put veggies in sauce, etc maybe that?

nat7771777
by Member on Sep. 19, 2012 at 7:08 PM
I hear u im the same way, my hubby wants to eat healthier but i got two boys 5&3 that are picky eaters
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)