Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Quick, easy, cheap sides?

Posted by on Sep. 19, 2012 at 12:31 PM
  • 13 Replies
Dd's birthday party's Saturday. I need another side of some sort. I'm making sloppy Joe's, mac salad & doing a vegi tray. But, I feel like I need something else.

Anyone have any ideas that are relatively cheap, easy & can be made either the night before or quickly the morning of? (We've got soccer from 8:30-1, her party's at 3.. I'm already going to be running like a madwoman.. lol)

Any ideas? Thanks ladies!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Sep. 19, 2012 at 12:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
roxy27
by on Sep. 19, 2012 at 12:33 PM
3 moms liked this
Deviled eggs, potato chips, baked beans
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
pandamom268
by Member on Sep. 19, 2012 at 3:49 PM
1 mom liked this

Fruit salad! Easy,fast and relatively cheap. Potato salad on top of mac salad isn't uncalled for and can be prepared the day before. If you can get your hands on hummus powder it can very easily be prepared (it literally takes a minute) the day before and served with pita bread and it goes very well with a veggie tray. You could also do something like rice pudding, which gets better with age and is inexpensive to make. Is any of this what you're looking for?

melliburger
by Melli on Sep. 19, 2012 at 5:18 PM
1 mom liked this
Fries, mashed potatoes
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
aidensmomma508
by on Sep. 19, 2012 at 5:21 PM
1 mom liked this

chips and dips, bread dip bread bowl thing

ermka
by Member on Sep. 19, 2012 at 7:20 PM
1 mom liked this
Lol, my "crowd" isn't exactly a hummus kind of crowd (I think it's amazing.. but I got out of redneckville USA for a while in college, so my tastes are a little more refined, lol) But your other suggestions (fruit & pudding) gave me an awesome idea. Watergate salad (pistachio pudding mix, crushed pineapple, walnuts, mini marshmallows & coolwhip) really easy, has to be made the night before AND I have most of the ingredients here already, hello cheap! Thank you so much!

Quoting pandamom268:

Fruit salad! Easy,fast and relatively cheap. Potato salad on top of mac salad isn't uncalled for and can be prepared the day before. If you can get your hands on hummus powder it can very easily be prepared (it literally takes a minute) the day before and served with pita bread and it goes very well with a veggie tray. You could also do something like rice pudding, which gets better with age and is inexpensive to make. Is any of this what you're looking for?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
snuggiewoogie
by on Sep. 19, 2012 at 8:32 PM

I would say Chip and Dip!

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/supportive group :)
Today at 12:00 AM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on Sep. 20, 2012 at 12:04 AM

Definitely the chips & dips :)

Join us at
Time Out for You

Rushn311
by Member on Sep. 20, 2012 at 9:11 AM

I do fruit salads or a big green salad with carrots/tomatoes/cucumbers

firenicecream
by on Sep. 20, 2012 at 11:00 AM
1 mom liked this

I like the deviled eggs or chips and dip idea. Happy birthday to your DD and good luck with getting all that together!

TheBabyFactory4
by Member on Sep. 21, 2012 at 1:30 AM
Totally agree

Quoting firenicecream:

I like the deviled eggs or chips and dip idea. Happy birthday to your DD and good luck with getting all that together!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)