Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Help! Crockpot recipes please!

Posted by on Sep. 20, 2012 at 1:03 PM
  • 14 Replies

We were supposed to move last week but it got pushed back so all of my kitchen supplies & food are packed away.  I really don't want to have to dig through my boxes to find ingredients, and I don't want to have to spend a lot on ingredients that I may already have.

I had enough meals frozen, but we will eat up the rest of them tonight.  I have a crockpot, a regular pot, a mixing bowl & utensils out.

I plan on swinging by the grocery store to pick up a few things to throw in the crockpot.  Do you have any cheap crockpot recipes?

by on Sep. 20, 2012 at 1:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
saraface5383
by Member on Sep. 20, 2012 at 1:12 PM
1 mom liked this
Get a cheap cut of meat, a bottle of bbq sauce throw it in the cp and get some buns. Pulled pork, beef or chicken. Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Small10
by Member on Sep. 20, 2012 at 1:35 PM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gmadiane
by Silver Member on Sep. 20, 2012 at 2:31 PM
1 mom liked this

chili, always good and not too expensive

MamaMandee
by Mandee on Sep. 20, 2012 at 6:18 PM

Also Betty Crocker.com has a good selection:

http://www.bettycrocker.com/recipes/preparation/slow-cooker-recipes

bec94
by Member on Sep. 20, 2012 at 6:20 PM
This is one that was a hit in mine and a friends house ( I gave her the recipe)

CROCK POT CHICKEN PARMESAN
recipe from: Siggy Spice

2-4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
1/2 cup Italian Seasoned Bread Crumbs
1/4 cup Parmesan Cheese
1/4 t black pepper
1/4 t kosher salt
1 TBSP olive oil
1 egg, beaten
sliced or shredded mozzarella cheese
favorite jarred marinara sauce

Spread the 1 TBSP of olive oil into the bottom of your crockpot.
Beat the egg with a fork in a separate bowl.
Mix the bread crumbs with the seasonings and the Parmesan cheese in another separate dish.
Dip the chicken into the egg, then into the bread crumb mixture, coating both sides with crumbs, cheese and seasonings.
Place the chicken breast pieces in the bottom of the crockpot.
Layer 2-3 slices or 1-2 cups of mozzarella cheese on top, depending on how much cheese you like.
Cover chicken and cheese with entire jar of marinara sauce.
Close lid and cook on low for 5-6 hours or high for 3.
Serve with your favorite pasta.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Megan11587
by Member on Sep. 20, 2012 at 7:04 PM
Thanks ladies! I ended up just picking up a round roast, some onion soup mix and cream of mushroom soup. I had canned veggies at the house. About 3 meals for my husband and me for about $12
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
louannwilkins
by Bronze Member on Sep. 20, 2012 at 7:08 PM

You got some good tips!  I like to find London broil on sale and put it in the crock pot with golden mushroom soup and cream of mushroom....not diluted....SO good!!

I also like to find pork loin on sale and put it in there with only salt and pepper and about 1/3 cup of water.  YUM!!!  Sounds bland but it isn't.  Then you can just eat it or you can shred it up and add bbq sauce....delicious!!

snuggiewoogie
by on Sep. 20, 2012 at 7:59 PM

Good idea's

pandamom268
by Member on Sep. 21, 2012 at 11:55 AM

You can always cook an entire chicken in your crock pot too! It's sooo easy. You can marinade it or just use a spice rub because the chicken will create enough of it's own juices that it doesn't need liquid. You can put veggies under it or just stick it in. I read somewhere that if you elevate it with small balls of aluminum foil that works well but I haven't tried that one yet (I always put some onions under it). You can get three or four meals out of every chicken, depending on size and meal type, of course. Plus, you can achieve any flavor profile you like!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)