Slow Cooker Italian Sausages and Peppers with Rotini from the Betty Crocker site!
- package (19.5 oz) turkey Italian sausages, cut into 1-inch pieces
- cup finely chopped sweet onion
- cloves garlic, finely chopped (2 teaspoons)
- medium yellow bell peppers, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- medium red bell peppers, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- jar (26 oz) tomato pasta sauce
- 4 1/2
- cups uncooked rotini pasta (12 oz)
- tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1Spray 3- to 4-quart slow cooker with cooking spray. In cooker, mix all ingredients except pasta and cheese.
- 2Cover; cook on Low heat setting 6 to 8 hours.
- 3Cook and drain pasta as directed on package. Serve sausage mixture over pasta; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
Garlic bread and a crisp green salad make great accompaniments to this hearty meal.
Sausage is available in several different flavors. Try using something other than turkey sausage the next time you make this dish.