Impossibly Easy Mexican Mini Veggie Pies from the Betty Crocker site!
- tablespoon vegetable oil
- large onion, chopped (1 cup)
- to 2 chipotle chiles in adobo sauce (from 7-oz can), chopped
- cup Green Giant® Valley Fresh Steamers® Niblets® frozen corn
- cloves garlic, finely chopped
- teaspoon dried oregano
- teaspoon salt
- tablespoon fresh lime juice
- cup black beans, drained, rinsed (from 15-oz can)
- cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- cup shredded Cheddar cheese (4 oz)
- cup Original Bisquick® mix
- cup milk
- pint cherry or grape tomatoes, cut in half
- avocado, pitted, peeled and diced
- cup sour cream (1 tablespoon per pie)
- 1Heat oven to 375°F. Spray 12 regular-size muffin cups with cooking spray.
- 2In 10-inch skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add onion, chiles, frozen corn and garlic; cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add oregano, salt, lime juice, beans and cilantro, stirring until combined. Remove from heat. Cool 5 minutes; stir in cheese.
- 3In medium bowl, stir baking mixture with whisk or fork until blended. Spoon 1 scant tablespoon baking mixture into each muffin cup. Top with about 1/4 cup veggie mixture. Spoon 1 tablespoon baking mixture onto veggie mixture in each muffin cup.
- 4Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, and tops are golden brown. With thin knife, loosen sides of pies from pan; remove from pan and place top sides up on cooling rack. Cool 5 minutes, and serve with garnishes.
If your family does not like spicy food, substitute the chipotles in adobo with 1 teaspoon ground cumin.