Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Dinner Ideas Dinner Ideas

Easy Dinner Ideas that don't break the budget

Ok, so about 2 monthes ago I had a wonderful newborn baby, and as much of a blessing as he's been I've been struggling in doing housework, and cooking! I need more recipes rather than quick spaghetti or chili...hubby is a super picky eater (I love chili (when I make it he has to suck it up, lol) he won't eat beans as a main meat). When I go shopping, normally chicken, ground beef, canned tomatos/mushrooms, onions, cheese, is on my list.

I do not own a crock pot (and to my military wife friends it's absolute blasphemy! lol)

I appreciate all help and you ladies taking the time to write down your thoughts and recipes, I really appreciate it!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
by on Sep. 22, 2012 at 4:09 AM
Replies (21-30):
TheBabyFactory4
by Member on Sep. 23, 2012 at 3:03 PM
1 mom liked this
Hey I know you

Quoting Cindy18:

First I must say, you need to invest in a crock pot. It's a life saver for new moms.

I have a tons of chicken recipes. Let me make the girl go get my cookbook.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TheBabyFactory4
by Member on Sep. 23, 2012 at 3:06 PM
This one ie super easy

http://m.cafemom.com/groups/read_topic.php?group_id=114484&topic_id=17213382&last=1#last
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
louannwilkins
by Bronze Member on Sep. 23, 2012 at 3:11 PM
1 mom liked this

Sounds like you've gotten some great ideas.  I use my crockpot all the time.  Let us know some of the things you end up making.    :)

hisarmycowgirl
by New Member on Sep. 23, 2012 at 6:05 PM

I found this recipe on a site (I believe it was the skinny taste blog, not sure) but it was basically rice crispie chicken. All you do is do an egg wash for the chicken (I did about 2 cups BBQ sauce, and 3 eggs) (btw I had a LOT of chicken! lol) and than shake em in a bag with the sauce, than switch them to the bag with the mashed rice crispies and shake 'N' bake baby! (Sorry, Taladega Nights just kinda slipped in there, my bad, haha)

Than I had some frozen veggies, and mac n cheese. Great dinner, and hubby gobbled it up!

I figure tomorrow I can do a stir fry with the leftovers (and there will be TONS) and whatever is left over after that is great for lunch.

Rushn311
by Member on Sep. 23, 2012 at 9:14 PM

fettucine and alfredo sauce

Hottmomma607
by on Sep. 24, 2012 at 3:15 AM
1 mom liked this
Chicken white chili! I boil the beans on the stove for an hour, hour&half, grill chicken then put them all in the crock pot slow cook bell peppers, onions, seasonsings.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
aidensmomma508
by on Sep. 24, 2012 at 8:18 AM

all of my meals i make are pretty easy LOL tacos, frozen pizza, chicken and rice, wraps, salads, 

also i know some moms cook a big meal and freeze it to have leftovers

Wish2Be
by Member on Sep. 24, 2012 at 9:04 PM

Do you have a farmers market near by that you could purchase cheap veggies and fruits?

hisarmycowgirl
by New Member on Sep. 24, 2012 at 9:47 PM

I believe so: but I normally just buy from the commisary (military shopping center). They purchase their goods from local farmers (I believe) and sell only at the price they buy it for.

alliesmom112
by Member on Sep. 24, 2012 at 10:06 PM

check out pinterest for sure. I have found so many great recipes there. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN