Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Dinner Ideas Dinner Ideas

Slow Cooker Carne Asada

Posted by   + Show Post

Posted By Sarah Caron www.sarahscucinabella.com September 19, 2012

Carne asada is versatile dish that be can be served over rice, in tacos or over nachos. There are endless possibilities!

Have a busy day coming up? There is nothing better than returning home from a time-strained day to find dinner just about ready to eat. Thank you, slow cooker...you are a hero!

My slow cooker gets a big workout whenever my kids have activities after school. It makes everything so much simpler. One of my kids’ favorite dishes is Slow Cooker Carne Asada, which is practically addictive.

This version is high in flavor but not too spicy, making it great for everyone in the family. Best of all, preparing it is so simple.

Plop a rump roast in the slow cooker, pour a lime juice-based sauce over it and sprinkle with some garlic.

Photo1_CarneAsada

Cook it for about eight hours on low. Then shred the meat with forks and stir it into the sauce. There you have it—a juicy carne asada ready for whatever you want to eat it with.

Photo2_CarneAsada

Carne asada is a tangy, well-seasoned beef dish that can be served over rice, in burritos or tacos or on nachos. It’s also fabulous for a meaty take on huevos rancheros or a Tex-Mex omelet. How great is that?

Final_CarneAsada

by on Sep. 22, 2012 at 1:04 PM
Replies (11-12):
hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Today at 12:38 AM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on Sep. 24, 2012 at 11:18 AM

Looks fabulous :)

Join us at
Time Out for You

countrygirlkat
by on Sep. 24, 2012 at 11:25 AM

We love carne asada!  Now you made me crave it and I don't have a roast on hand, lol.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)