Southern Chicken-Cornbread Casserole from the Betty Crocker site!
- cups cubed (1 inch) cooked chicken breast
- teaspoon poultry seasoning
- teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 1/2
- cups sour cream
- cup milk
- Salt and pepper to taste
- cups shredded Cheddar cheese (8 oz)
- green onions, chopped
- pouch (6.5 oz) Betty Crocker® cornbread & muffin mix
- can (14.75 oz) Green Giant® cream style sweet corn
- tablespoons butter, melted
- 1Heat oven to 400ºF. Spray 13x9-inch (3-quart) glass baking dish with cooking spray.
- 2In large bowl, mix chicken, poultry seasoning, garlic powder, sour cream and milk. Season well with salt and pepper. Fold in cheese and green onions. Spoon mixture evenly into dish.
- 3Make cornbread mix as directed on pouch, substituting cream style corn for the milk and adding the egg and melted butter. Spread evenly over chicken mixture.
- 4Bake about 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center of topping comes out clean.
A 4.5-oz can of Old El Paso® chopped green chiles can be added to the chicken mixture for a little spice.
Extra chopped green onions make a pretty garnish for this dish.
A salad makes the perfect side dish for this meal.