Spicy Shrimp and Broccoli from the Betty Crocker site!
- cup water
- cup sake, rice wine or Progresso® chicken broth (from 32-ounce carton)
- tablespoon cornstarch
- tablespoons hoisin sauce
- tablespoon oyster sauce
- teaspoons soy sauce
- teaspoons chili puree with garlic
- tablespoon vegetable oil
- pound fresh or frozen (thawed) uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- garlic clove, finely chopped
- teaspoons finely chopped gingerroot
- 1 1/2
- cups broccoli flowerets
- medium bell pepper, cut into strips
- medium green onions, cut into 1-inch pieces
- cup peanuts
- cups hot cooked rice
- 1Mix water, sake, cornstarch, hoisin sauce, oyster sauce, soy sauce and chili puree.
- 2Heat wok or 12-inch skillet over high heat. Add oil; rotate wok to coat side. Add shrimp, garlic and gingerroot; stir-fry 1 minute. Add broccoli, bell pepper and onions; stir-fry until shrimp are pink and firm.
- 3Stir in sake mixture. Heat to boiling, stirring constantly. Boil and stir 1 minute. Sprinkle with peanuts. Serve over rice.
A hot 'n spicy sauce, chili puree is made from chilies, soybeans, salt, oil and garlic. It is used both as a seasoning and a condiment.
Shrimp are generally sold by number or "count" per pound, and that can be confusing because "counts" vary among suppliers and markets. Don't hesitate to ask your grocery store for clarification.