Zucchini Meat Loaf from the Betty Crocker site!
- eggs, slightly beaten
- cups shredded zucchini (1 large or 2 small)
- cup Progresso® plain bread crumbs
- cup chopped onion
- teaspoon salt
- teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- teaspoon pepper
- 1 1/2
- lb lean (at least 80%) ground beef
- tablespoon packed brown sugar
- tablespoons ketchup
- teaspoon yellow mustard
- 1Heat oven to 350°F. In large bowl, mix all meat loaf ingredients until well blended. Press mixture into ungreased 9 1/2-inch deep-dish glass pie plate. Bake 35 minutes.
- 2Meanwhile, in small bowl, mix all topping ingredients.
- 3Remove meat loaf from oven; pour off drippings. Spread topping over loaf. Return to oven; bake 10 to 15 minutes longer or until thoroughly cooked in center and meat thermometer reads 160°F. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
Baking the meat loaf in a shallow pie plate takes less time than baking it in a loaf shape. Dinner can be on the table more quickly.