Slow Cooker Braised Short Ribs with Mashed Potatoes from the Pillsbury site!
- pounds beef short ribs
- dried bay leaves
- teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- envelope (1.2 ounces) brown gravy mix
- cup dry red wine, if desired
- can (10 3/4 ounces) condensed golden mushroom soup
- servings mashed potatoes (refrigerated, instant or frozen), heated
- 1Place ribs in 3 1/2- to 4-quart slow cooker. Top with bay leaves, Worcestershire sauce, gravy mix (dry), wine and soup.
- 2Cover and cook on low heat setting 8 to 10 hours.
- 3Spoon excess fat from top of sauce if desired. Remove bay leaves. Serve ribs with mashed potatoes, spooning sauce over all.
Try cooking a 3-pound pot roast this way. It's just as delicious but not as rich as the short ribs.
Steamed baby carrots brighten up the plate. They also taste great with the sauce.
Serve in pretty shallow soup plates with a fork and spoon to get every delicious drop of sauce.
# of ingredients7
prep time10 Min
total time10 Hr 10 Min
on Oct. 11, 2012 at 1:08 PM