Spanish Chicken from the Betty Crocker site!
- 1 3/4
- lb boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
- lb Italian turkey sausage links, cut into 1-inch pieces
- large red bell pepper, chopped (1 1/2 cups)
- cup chopped onions
- cloves garlic, finely chopped
- teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- to 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- can (28 oz) diced tomatoes, undrained
- can (6 oz) tomato paste
- cup uncooked regular long-grain white rice
- cups water
- can (14 oz) quartered artichoke hearts, drained
- can (4 oz) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1Spray 3 1/2- to 4-quart slow cooker with cooking spray. Mix chicken, sausage, bell pepper, onions, garlic, oregano, pepper flakes, tomatoes and tomato paste in slow cooker. Cover; cook on Low heat setting 6 to 8 hours.
- 2About 25 minutes before serving, cook rice in 2 cups water as directed on package.
- 3Just before serving, stir artichoke hearts and olives into chicken mixture. Cover; cook until hot. Serve chicken mixture with rice.
- PREP TIME15 Min
- TOTAL TIME6 Hr 15 Min