Cinnamon-Maple Glazed Salmon Salad from the Betty Crocker site!
- cup real maple or maple-flavored syrup
- cup canola or vegetable oil
- tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- teaspoon ground cinnamon
- salmon fillet (1 1/4 lb), cut into 4 pieces
- cups spring greens (from 5-oz bag)
- cup coarsely chopped pecans, toasted
- cup crumbled feta cheese (2 2/3 oz)
- cup dried cherries
- 1Heat oven to 400°F. Line 15x10-inch pan with foil. In small bowl, beat dressing ingredients with whisk until blended. Place 3 tablespoons dressing in small bowl; reserve for brushing on salmon. Set remaining dressing aside for salad. Place salmon pieces, skin side down, in pan.
- 2Bake 10 to 14 minutes, brushing with reserved 3 tablespoons dressing twice during last 5 minutes of baking, until salmon flakes easily with fork. Discard any remaining dressing used for salmon.
- 3In large bowl, toss greens with reserved dressing for salad. On 4 individual plates, evenly divide greens, pecans, cheese and cherries. Lift pieces of salmon from skin with metal spatula; top each salad with salmon.
To toast pecans, cook in ungreased heavy skillet over medium heat 5 to 7 minutes, stirring frequently until browning begins, then stirring constantly until golden brown. Remove immediately from hot skillet to prevent overcooking.