Lip-Smackinâ€™ Bar-B-Q Chicken Bake (lighter recipe) from the Betty Crocker site!
- cup Bisquick Heart SmartÂ® mix
- tablespoons water
- 1 1/2
- cups shredded reduced-fat Cheddar cheese (6 oz)
- teaspoons vegetable oil
- boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- cup barbecue sauce
- 1Heat oven to 400Â°F. Spray 9-inch pie pan or 9-inch square baking dish with cooking spray.
- 2In small bowl, stir together BisquickÂ® mix, water and egg. Spread in bottom of pan; sprinkle with 1 1/4 cups of the cheese. In 10-inch skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Cook chicken in oil, stirring occasionally, until outsides turn white; drain. Stir in barbecue sauce; heat just until hot. Spoon over batter in pan to within 1/2 inch of edge.
- 3Bake 22 to 25 minutes or until edge is dark golden brown. Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup cheese. Bake 1 to 3 minutes longer or until cheese melts; loosen from side of pan.
Three boneless skinless chicken breasts equal about 1 pound meat.
Decrease the cheese to a total of 1 cupâ€”use 3/4 cup in the bake and 1/4 cup on top.
- PREP TIME 20 Min
- TOTAL TIME 50 Min
- SERVINGS 6