Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Dinner Ideas Dinner Ideas

November 19th...Have a Bad Day Day!

Posted by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 7:44 AM
  • 9 Replies

Have a Bad Day Day is today... isn't this just wonderful!?

As we began to research this day, we expected to find that this day was intended to recognize that everybody has a bad day once in a while.

Au Contrare!!!!

Believe it or not, Have a Bad Day Day was created to encourage us to wish people to have a bad day. The intent is to have sales people stop saying to their customers "have a good day", and replace it with "have a bad day".

taken from http://www.holidayinsights.com/

I won't wish you to have a bad day though!!

by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 7:44 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
gmadiane
by Silver Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 12:01 PM

silly

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:31 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 12:30 PM

Works for me :)

snuggiewoogie
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 8:14 PM
1 mom liked this

Bad days are poopy! :(

taniamorse85
by Silver Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 9:17 PM

There really is a holiday for everything, isn't there, lol?!

My day was a mix of bad and good.  My uncle's memorial was this morning.  Of course, I fully expected to do a lot of crying today.  Really, though, I should have known that wouldn't happen.  Sure, I shed a tear or two, but they were good tears.  There were several hundred people at the memorial (held at Universal Studios Hollywood, where he worked for over 20 years), and we all had our funny stories about him.  He loved to make people laugh or at least smile.  Even if it meant being mischievous, it was worth it to him.  One of the stories that got the largest laugh was from when he was a child.  He was about 4 years old, and he had twin brothers who were a year younger.  Anyway, he saw his dad put away some green paint in the garage, trying to hide it from the kids.  After seeing the paint, my uncle saw the neighbor's cat.  (At this point, I was thinking, "Oh no, please tell me he didn't!")  Anyway, he got the paint out, then got his little brothers to hold onto the cat, one holding the tail, and one holding the head.  He then began painting the poor cat!  Once the cat got a thick layer of paint, the twins let go, and the cat hobbled away.  The cat was never seen again.  Obviously, I felt bad for the cat, but I just couldn't help but laugh at this story.  Supposedly, this is one of the most extreme things he did or got his brothers to do.

MamaMandee
by Mandee on Nov. 20, 2012 at 2:29 PM

Hugs!!! Very cute story! 

Your Uncle might have worked with my dad at some point. My dad passed in 08 and worked doing props & set dressing. 

Quoting taniamorse85:

My day was a mix of bad and good.  My uncle's memorial was this morning.  Of course, I fully expected to do a lot of crying today.  Really, though, I should have known that wouldn't happen.  Sure, I shed a tear or two, but they were good tears.  There were several hundred people at the memorial (held at Universal Studios Hollywood, where he worked for over 20 years), and we all had our funny stories about him.  He loved to make people laugh or at least smile.  Even if it meant being mischievous, it was worth it to him.  One of the stories that got the largest laugh was from when he was a child.  He was about 4 years old, and he had twin brothers who were a year younger.  Anyway, he saw his dad put away some green paint in the garage, trying to hide it from the kids.  After seeing the paint, my uncle saw the neighbor's cat.  (At this point, I was thinking, "Oh no, please tell me he didn't!")  Anyway, he got the paint out, then got his little brothers to hold onto the cat, one holding the tail, and one holding the head.  He then began painting the poor cat!  Once the cat got a thick layer of paint, the twins let go, and the cat hobbled away.  The cat was never seen again.  Obviously, I felt bad for the cat, but I just couldn't help but laugh at this story.  Supposedly, this is one of the most extreme things he did or got his brothers to do.

MamaMandee
by Mandee on Nov. 20, 2012 at 2:30 PM

I had a bad day yesterday, nothing really made it a bad day but I was just feeling crabby all day. 

Flaca43
by Platinum Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 8:49 AM

I'm sorry for your loss. Very cute story! Reminiscing about Memories help.

Quoting taniamorse85:

Flaca43
by Platinum Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 8:50 AM
1 mom liked this

I'm sorry. I felt kind of down myself. Hope you are feeling good today!

Quoting MamaMandee:

I had a bad day yesterday, nothing really made it a bad day but I was just feeling crabby all day. 

KaylaMillar
by Kayla on Nov. 21, 2012 at 10:02 AM
Monday was def a bad day for me!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)