Orange and Ginger Chicken from the Betty Crocker site!
- cup uncooked basmati or regular long-grain white rice
- cups Progresso® chicken broth (from 32-oz carton)
- tablespoons milk
- cup Original Bisquick® mix
- teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 1/2
- teaspoons grated orange peel
- boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 1 1/4 lb), each cut in half
- cup canola or vegetable oil
- tablespoons orange marmalade
- cup sliced almonds
- tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- medium orange, cut into 8 slices
- 1In 2-quart saucepan, heat rice and broth to boiling; reduce heat. Cover; simmer 20 minutes.
- 2Meanwhile, in small bowl, beat egg and milk with fork or wire whisk. In shallow dish, mix Bisquick mix, ginger and orange peel. Dip chicken into egg mixture, then coat with Bisquick mixture.
- 3In 12-inch skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add chicken; cook 8 to 10 minutes, turning once, until browned on outside and juice of chicken is clear when center of thickest part is cut (170°F).
- 4When rice is cooked, fluff with fork and stir in orange marmalade. Place rice on serving platter; arrange chicken on rice. Sprinkle with almonds and parsley. Garnish with orange slices.
To make an orange twist garnish, cut each orange slice from the center to the edge and through the peel. Twist cut ends in opposite directions.
- PREP TIME 25 Min
- TOTAL TIME 25 Min
- SERVINGS 4