Slow Cooker Chipotle Pork Roast from the Betty Crocker site!
- tablespoons chili powder
- teaspoon salt
- teaspoon garlic powder
- teaspoons ground cumin
- small unpeeled red potatoes, quartered
- small sweet potatoes, peeled, quartered
- medium onion, cut into 3/4-inch wedges (about 1/2 cup)
- boneless pork shoulder roast (2 1/2 to 3 lb)
- tablespoons olive or vegetable oil
- can (8 oz) tomato sauce
- can (14.5 oz) diced tomatoes, undrained
- canned chipotle chile in adobo sauce, finely chopped (about 1/2 tablespoon)
- tablespoons water
- tablespoons cornstarch
- 1Spray 5- to 6-quart slow cooker with cooking spray. In large bowl, mix chili powder, salt, garlic powder and cumin. Add potatoes, sweet potatoes and onion to bowl; stir to coat. Place vegetables in slow cooker.
- 2Remove netting from pork. Rub oil over pork; roll in spices in bowl to cover. Place pork over vegetables. Pour tomato sauce, tomatoes and chopped chile over pork and vegetables.
- 3Cover; cook on Low heat setting 6 to 8 hours.
- 4Remove pork and vegetables from cooker; cover to keep warm. Pour sauce from cooker into 3-quart saucepan. In small bowl, mix water and cornstarch; stir into sauce. Cook over high heat 5 to 10 minutes, stirring frequently, until thickened. Serve sauce with pork and vegetables.
Make sure the potatoes are mostly covered with the liquid to prevent browning.
Feel free to use whatever kind of potatoes you have on hand—just make sure they are cut to the same size to ensure doneness.
- PREP TIME 25 Min
- TOTAL TIME 6 Hr 25 Min
- SERVINGS 6