Rustic Chicken Club from the Pillsbury site!
- slices bacon
- box Pillsbury® refrigerated pie crusts, softened as directed on box
- tablespoons mayonnaise
- cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese (3 oz)
- cups chopped cooked chicken breast
- tablespoon Dijon mustard
- tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- to 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- teaspoon celery salt
- Dash salt
- Dash ground red pepper (cayenne)
- cup shredded Cheddar cheese (3 oz)
- egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon water
- tablespoon sesame seed
- cup chopped romaine lettuce
- medium tomato, seeded, finely chopped
- cup chopped green onions (4 medium)
- 1Heat oven to 400°F. In skillet or microwave, cook bacon until crisp; drain on paper towels. Crumble bacon; set aside.
- 2Meanwhile, line cookie sheet with heavy-duty foil. Remove pie crust from pouch; place crust flat between 2 sheets of waxed paper. With rolling pin, roll crust into 14x12-inch oval. Remove top waxed paper; carefully turn pie crust over onto cookie sheet. Remove waxed paper.
- 3Spread 2 tablespoons of the mayonnaise evenly over crust to within 2 inches of edge. Sprinkle Monterey Jack cheese over mayonnaise.
- 4In small bowl, mix chicken, remaining 2 tablespoons mayonnaise, the mustard, lemon juice, black pepper, celery salt, salt and ground red pepper. Spoon mixture over Monterey Jack cheese. Sprinkle with crumbled bacon. Sprinkle Cheddar cheese over top.
- 5Fold 2-inch edge of crust up over filling, pleating crust as necessary and leaving 5x7-inch oval opening in center. Gently press down on edge to securely enclose filling.
- 6In small bowl, beat egg yolk and water with fork. Generously brush yolk mixture over crust; sprinkle crust with sesame seed.
- 7Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until crust is golden brown. Cool 10 minutes. With metal spatula, gently lift edge; slide onto serving plate. Sprinkle lettuce over filling; press down lightly. Top with tomato and onions. Cut into 6 wedges to serve.
Use some of the leftover turkey in place of the chicken.
Servings # 6
- # of ingredients 18
- prep time 40 Min
- total time 1 Hr 10 Min