Spicy Cornmeal Cod from the Betty Crocker site!
- 1 1/2
- pounds cod, perch or other medium-firm fish fillets, about 1/2 inch thick
- cup cornmeal
- cup Gold Medal® all-purpose flour
- teaspoon salt
- teaspoon garlic powder
- teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- teaspoon ground red pepper (cayenne)
- teaspoon pepper
- tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- 1Heat oven to 500ºF.
- 2Cut fish fillet into 4x2-inch pieces. Mix remaining ingredients except eggs and butter. Dip fish into eggs, then coat with cornmeal mixture.
- 3Place fish on ungreased cookie sheet. Drizzle butter over fish. Bake 10 to 12 minutes, turning fish once, until golden brown.
Make it a fish 'n chips night! Pick up a bag of frozen curly fries and carton of dill dip from the dairy case. The dip makes a great change of pace from tarter sauce.
Cooking for only four? Make the entire recipe anyway, and save the extras for fish fillet sandwiches tomorrow.
- PREP TIME 10 Min
- TOTAL TIME 22 Min
- SERVINGS 6