Yield: Serves 6 (serving size: 1 sandwich)
- 1/4 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup canned chickpeas (garbanzo beans), rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup canola mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 (12-ounce) can solid white tuna in water, drained and flaked
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 6 (1-ounce) slices multigrain bread
- 1 1/2 ounces shredded Swiss cheese (about 1/3 cup)
- 12 (1/4-inch-thick) slices tomato
- 1 cup baby spinach
- 1. Preheat broiler to high.
- 2. Combine first 11 ingredients in a medium bowl; toss gently to coat.
- 3. Top bread evenly with cheese; broil 4 minutes or until bubbly. Arrange 2 tomato slices and about 1/3 cup tuna mixture over each bread slice. Top sandwiches evenly with spinach.