Quick Chicken Scampi from the Betty Crocker site!
- oz uncooked linguine
- 1 1/4
- lb boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces
- teaspoon salt
- teaspoon pepper
- tablespoons butter
- medium green onions, chopped (2 tablespoons)
- cloves garlic, finely chopped
- cup finely chopped drained roasted red peppers (from 7-oz jar)
- lb fresh thin asparagus spears, trimmed, cut into 2-inch pieces
- cup Progresso® chicken broth (from 32-oz carton)
- Grated peel of 1 medium lemon (2 to 3 teaspoons)
- 1Cook linguine as directed on package. Meanwhile, sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. In 12-inch nonstick skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of the butter over medium-high heat until melted.
- 2Cook chicken in butter 5 to 7 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add onions, garlic, roasted peppers and asparagus; cook 2 to 3 minutes longer, stirring occasionally, until asparagus is crisp-tender and chicken is no longer pink in center. Stir in broth and remaining 1 tablespoon butter; cook until butter is melted.
- 3Drain linguine. Serve chicken mixture over linguine. Sprinkle lemon peel over each serving.
If you’re not in the mood for pasta, try serving the chicken mixture over your favorite variety of rice.
When grating the lemon peel, be careful to avoid the pith—the soft white layer between the peel and flesh of the fruit—as it can be bitter.
- PREP TIME 25 Min
- TOTAL TIME 25 Min
- SERVINGS 4