Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Dinner Ideas Dinner Ideas

-needed- good tater-tot casserole recipes

Posted by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 3:13 PM
  • 9 Replies
i have NEVER made it or even eaten it! but ive heard some people talkin about how good it. ideas and recipes please???
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 3:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
MamaMandee
by Mandee on Jan. 30, 2013 at 4:17 PM

Here is a link to a ton of them ... all made by real people!

http://www.food.com/recipe-finder/all/tater-tot-casserole

mariesmama
by Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 4:33 PM

ok heres what i do i brown a pound of ground meat& drain then i add a can of drained green beans,a can of cream soup and a little milk i mix it all together in a caserole dish, then i top that with shredded cheese then i put an entire layer of tatertots on top and bake it for a halfhour/45 minutes

momofthree431
by New Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 5:36 PM
will it be good with the green beans not IN the casserole, but just served with it?

Quoting mariesmama:

ok heres what i do i brown a pound of ground meat& drain then i add a can of drained green beans,a can of cream soup and a little milk i mix it all together in a caserole dish, then i top that with shredded cheese then i put an entire layer of tatertots on top and bake it for a halfhour/45 minutes

mariesmama
by Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 5:38 PM

Quoting momofthree431:

will it be good with the green beans not IN the casserole, but just served with it?

Quoting mariesmama:

sure my 3 yr old loves greenbeans no matter how theyre served so i add a can an uncle uses mixed veggies

kayelynnesmommy
by Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 5:42 PM
1 mom liked this
I brown my meat with a diced onion drain add cream of celery soup mix well top with cheese and tater tots bake then top with a little extra cheese at the end. My sister uses the duggars recipe. You can google it.
momofthree431
by New Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 6:41 PM
my kiddos love green beans and mixed veggies but not mixed into things so as long as it works w/o, almost all the recipes i seen calls for mixed in green beans

Quoting mariesmama:

Quoting momofthree431:

Quoting mariesmama:

sure my 3 yr old loves greenbeans no matter how theyre served so i add a can an uncle uses mixed veggies

taniamorse85
by Silver Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 12:54 AM

I brown ground beef with onions, then drain off the fat.  Then, I add the beef mixture to a 13x9 pan with frozen tater tots, frozen mixed veggies, and a 'cream of' soup (I usually use cream of mushroom, but you could use CO celery or another 'cream of' soup).  I mix them together in the pan, then spread the mixture out until it fills the pan without overflowing.  Then, I put it into a 350 degree oven for about 15-20 minutes.  Then, I take it out and sprinkle the top with shredded cheese.  Then, back into the oven until the cheese melts (5-10 minutes), and it's done.

elijahsmama09
by Bronze Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 12:46 AM
1 mom liked this

1 pound of chicken breast cut into chunks and browned  

1/2 pound of bacon, cooked and crumbled

2 pounds of frozen tater tots (plain, unseasoned)

2 cups of broccoli, cooked (or you can use a can of green beans or peas that have been drained)

2 cups of colby jack or your favorite cheddar cheese, shredded

1 can of condensed cream of chicken soup

1 cup of sour cream

1/2 cup of milk

1/2 teaspoon of seasoning salt

1/4 teaspoon of pepper

1 teaspoon of garlic powder

1 teaspoon of onion powder

1/2 teaspoon of cayenne pepper

What you need to do: Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Combine the soup, sour cream, seasoning salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder and cayenne pepper. Mix well. Add 1 1/2 cup of the shredded cheese and the milk. Mix well. Set aside. Spray a 9 x 13 glass baking dish with non-stick spray. Put the cooked chicken in the bottom of the baking dish. Add the cooked broccoli or other vegetables. Pour the sauce mixture on top of the chicken and broccoli. Layer the frozen tater tots on top. Sprinkle with the cooked bacon. Top with the remaining 1/2 cup of shredded cheese. Bake at 350 degrees F. for 45 minutes.

amberre90210
by New Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 7:41 PM
I brown 1lb hamburger drained, pour into a baking dish, mix 1lg can cream of chicken and fill the can half way of milk, stir all together well, then place Kraft cheese slices on top of the mixture then top with tater tots. Bake on 350 for 30 to 45 mins
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)