Ranch Veggie Bites from the Betty Crocker site!
- Vegetable oil
- cup Original Bisquick® mix
- teaspoon paprika
- envelope (1 ounce) ranch dressing mix
- tablespoon water
- egg, slightly beaten
- cups 1 1/2-inch pieces assorted vegetables, such as onion wedges, bell pepper strips, broccoli flowerets or mushrooms
- Sour cream, if desired
- 1Pour oil into 3-quart saucepan until 1 inch deep. Heat over medium-high heat to 375°.
- 2Mix Bisquick mix, paprika and dressing mix (dry) in resealable plastic food-storage bag. Mix water and egg in large bowl. Add vegetables to egg mixture; stir well to coat. Transfer vegetables to plastic bag with slotted spoon. Seal bag and shake to coat with Bisquick mixture.
- 3Fry batches of vegetables in oil 1 to 2 minutes or until light golden brown. Remove from oil with slotted spoon; drain on paper towels. Serve immediately with sour cream.
These battered, deep-fried bites will convince even the most reluctant kids to eat their veggies! Dip them into reduced-fat ranch or Caesar dressing instead of sour cream for a little flavor variation.
- PREP TIME 15 Min
- TOTAL TIME 20 Min
- SERVINGS 6