Slow Cooker Mexican Chicken Tostadas from the Pillsbury site!
- large jalapeño chili, finely chopped
- cloves garlic, finely chopped
- tablespoons Mexican chili powder
- tablespoons olive or vegetable oil
- tablespoons lime juice
- teaspoons salt
- packages (1 1/4 pounds each) boneless skinless chicken thighs
- package (4.8 ounces) tostada shells (10 shells)
- cup shredded lettuce
- cup shredded Cheddar cheese (4 ounces)
- cup Old El Paso® Thick 'n Chunky salsa
- cup sour cream
- 1Mix jalapeño chili, garlic, chili powder, oil, lime juice and salt in 3- to 4- quart slow cooker. Add chicken; coat with oil mixture.
- 2Cover and cook on low heat setting 8 to 10 hours.
- 3Remove chicken from cooker; place on cutting board. Shred chicken, using 2 forks. Return chicken to cooker and mix well. Using slotted spoon to remove chicken mixture from cooker, place 1/3 cup chicken mixture on each tostada shell. Top with lettuce, cheese, salsa and sour cream.
For an added fresh-tasting garlic kick, stir an additional 2 finely chopped garlic cloves into the shredded cooked chicken.
Mexican rice and beans complement these tostadas. Margaritas add to the Mexican theme.
Top with chopped fresh cilantro.
Servings # 10
- # of ingredients 12
- prep time 20 Min
- total time 10 Hr 20 Min