Deviled Crab and Cheese Rolls from the Pillsbury site!
- cup whipped cream cheese (from 8-oz container)
- tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- to 2 teaspoons red pepper sauce
- cup finely shredded mild Cheddar cheese (1 oz)
- tablespoons finely chopped green onions (2 medium)
- teaspoon paprika
- cup Progresso® garlic herb bread crumbs
- cans (6 oz each) white crabmeat, well drained
- can (11 oz) Pillsbury® refrigerated original breadsticks
- egg, slightly beaten
- 1Heat oven to 350°F. Spray cookie sheet with cooking spray or line with a silicone baking mat. In medium bowl, mix cream cheese, lemon juice and red pepper sauce until smooth. Stir in Cheddar cheese, onions and paprika. Reserve 2 tablespoons bread crumbs for topping; stir remaining bread crumbs into cream cheese mixture. Gently stir in crabmeat. Shape crabmeat mixture into 6 balls, using about 1/3 cup mixture for each; flatten slightly.
- 2Unroll dough; separate into 6 (2-breadstick) portions. Seal seam halfway up length of each portion; place 1 ball on sealed side of each. Holding dough and ball in one hand, stretch dough strips over balls, crisscrossing and tucking ends under opposite side; place on cookie sheet.
- 3Lightly brush tops and sides of dough with beaten egg; sprinkle with reserved 2 tablespoons bread crumbs.
- 4Bake 20 to 30 minutes or until golden brown. Cool 10 minutes. Serve warm.
Adjust the level of red pepper sauce to suit tastes.
Servings # 6
- # of ingredients 10
- prep time 10 Min
- total time 50 Min