Raspberry-White Chocolate Cheesecake Bars from the My Recipes site!
Heart-shaped cheesecakes are the way to show that special someone your love this Valentine's Day, but they're also delicious the rest of the year. Bake a batch to celebrate your sweetie today.
Yield: 9 bars
- 1 9-oz. box chocolate wafer cookies
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup frozen raspberries, thawed
- 1/4 cup plus 2 Tbsp. sugar
- 2 8-oz. packages cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 large eggs plus 2 large yolks
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 ounces white chocolate, melted and cooled
- 1. Preheat oven to 350ºF. In a food processor, blend wafer cookies until completely crushed. Transfer to a bowl, pour in melted butter and mix until crumbs are evenly moistened. Pour crumbs into a 9-inch square baking pan, and use your fingers to press into an even layer over bottom and about 1/2 inch up sides of pan. Bake for 8 minutes, until firm. Transfer to a wire rack and let cool completely. Reduce oven temperature to 250ºF.
- 2. Combine raspberries and 1 Tbsp. sugar in a food processor and blend until smooth. Strain through a fine-mesh sieve into a bowl; discard solids. Using an electric mixer at medium speed, beat cream cheese and remaining 1/4 cup plus 1 Tbsp. sugar until smooth. Add eggs and yolks one at a time, beating briefly after each addition. Add flour and vanilla and mix just until combined. Fold in white chocolate.
- 3. Pour cheesecake mixture over cooled crust, spreading evenly. Drop spoonfuls of raspberry puree on top and, using a toothpick, drag raspberry puree through cheesecake to create a marbled effect, taking care not to drag in crust. Bake until edges are pale golden and cheesecake is just set in center, 1 hour and 15 to 20 minutes. Let cool completely on a wire rack, then cover and refrigerate until fully chilled, at least 2 hours. Cut and serve.