Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Dinner Ideas Dinner Ideas

please help!

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 12:34 PM
  • 5 Replies
I want to start meal planning so I'm not running around wondering what to make that night. I'm a picky eater, I like poultry and beef (not extremely crazy about ground beef other than meatloaf). I feel like we're always eating the same things... I need new recipes. Please help. Thank you.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 12:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
MamaMandee
by Mandee on Feb. 8, 2013 at 12:42 PM

I would suggest going through the group and try at least 1 or 2 new things that sound good to you. My I try at least 1 new recipe a month. 

MrsWhite101610
by Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 12:44 PM
Thanks. I seen one and saved it

Quoting MamaMandee:

I would suggest going through the group and try at least 1 or 2 new things that sound good to you. My I try at least 1 new recipe a month. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:18 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 1:15 PM

Go through some cook books online as well & pick one or two meals,
I love meal planning :)

VanBurren
by Beth on Feb. 8, 2013 at 4:32 PM

There are SO many great-looking recipes here that get posted on a daily basis....I would suggest, like Mandee, that you just take a little time and go through the posts. 

"Huggs" suggested to pull out your cookbooks, too....I read mine like they were novels, so I'm always finding something new to try.

If you're more interested in tried and true recipes that other moms have in their menus, then here is what makes rotation on my menus (let me know which ones you may want the recipes for):

Cajun Chicken Pasta

Taco-Stuffed Jumbo Pasta Shells

Veggie Pizza

Chicken Burgers

Chili (regular and chicken)

Chicken Quesadillas

Meatloaf "hot dogs"....I call them "Slacker Dogs"

Fried Pork Chops

Pork Chop Casserole

Tacos/Taco Salad

Chicken Fried Rice

Stir Fries (many different combos)

Salisbury Steak

suetoo
by Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 8:02 AM

It might help to start with ideas first. Make a list of things you like, and a list of things you'd like to make. Get a pack of index cards, (or use your computer) and then a box and recipe cards from the dollar store. Decide how to organize your recipes, like by alphabet, or day of the week. Then start collecting recipes and put them into the box. Pull the ones for your shopping and make your grocery list, and you're in business! Have fun! Ps. My favorite grocery store, Wegmans, has a wonderful app. I make my list rt. on my iPad.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN