2 medium zucchini, cut lengthwise into quarters, then into 1/2-inch pieces
2 medium bell peppers ( red, green, or yellow), chopped into 1/2-inch pieces
2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper, divided
1/3 cup all-purpose flour
2 cans ( 12 fl oz. each) nestle carnation evaporated lowfat 2% milk, divided
1 jar ( 26 oz.) prepared marinara sauce, divided
1 package ( 8 oz.) or 12 sheets no-boil lasagna noodles, divided
1 1/2 cups ( 6 oz. ) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese ( optional)
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees f.
2. Grease 13x9-inch baking dish.
3. Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add zucchini and peppers; cook, stirring frequently, until soft, for about 8 minutes.
4. Add garlic, cook for an additional 2 minutes. Season with 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper. Remove from heat. Meanwhile whisk together flour, 1/4 cup evaporated milk and remaining 1/4 teaspoon each of salt and black pepper in medium saucepan until smooth.
5. Whisk in remaining evaporated milk. Heat over medium heat, stirring frequently , until mixture comes to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer for 3 minutes or until thickened.
6. Stir 2 cups of milk mixture into cooked vegetables, reserve remaining milk mixture.
7. Spread 1/2 cup marinara sauce over bottom of the prepared baking dish. Top with 3 noodles. Top with half of the vegetable mixture. Top with 3 noodles. Spread 1 cup marinara sauce and sprinkle with 3/4 cup mozzarella cheese. Layer 3 noodles, remaining vegetables and remaining 3 noodles. Top with remaining marinara sauce, reserved milk mixture, remaining 3/4 cup mozzarella cheese and parmesan cheese. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes until golden and bubbly on the edges. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.