From Paula Deen's website:
Makes 4 to 6 servings
2 cups heavy whipping cream
¼ cup confectioners’ sugar
2 (8-ounce) containers
mascarpone cheese, softened
Chocolate Ladyfingers (recipe
½ cup espresso or strong brewed
1½ cups caramel ice-cream topping
Garnish: grated chocolate, caramel
1. In a large bowl, beat cream at medium-high speed with a mixer until thickened. Gradually add confectioners’ sugar, beating until stiff peaks form. Add mascarpone cheese, beating just until combined.
2. In each individual serving dish, place 1 ladyfinger, flat side up. Brush ladyfinger with espresso. Top with cream mixture and caramel topping. Repeat layers as desired. Garnish with grated chocolate and caramel topping, if desired.
Makes about 2½ dozen
²/3 cup all-purpose flour
1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
7 eggs at room temperature,
¾ cup sugar, divided
1. Preheat oven to 375˚. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
2. In a small bowl, sift flour and cocoa together.
3. In a large bowl, beat egg whites at high speed with a mixer until soft peaks form. Gradually add ½ cup sugar, beating until stiff peaks form.
4. In a medium bowl, beat egg yolks and remaining ¼ cup sugar at high speed with a mixer until thick and pale. Gently fold egg yolks into egg whites. Gently fold flour mixture into egg mixture.
5. Using a large round tip, pipe batter in 3-inch lengths onto prepared baking sheets. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until ladyfingers spring back gently when touched. Let cool completely.