Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Dinner Ideas Dinner Ideas

Food that doesn't require being in an oven.

Posted by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 11:59 AM
  • 7 Replies
Need some recipes that doesn't require using an oven. My thermostat is going out in my oven and for now i am not using it. Thanks in advance.
by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 11:59 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
VanBurren
by Beth on Mar. 26, 2013 at 12:35 PM
2 moms liked this

Chicken salad sandwiches; chili; grilled cheese; panini sandwiches.

What about using a crock.....do you have one?  You can make oven-baked foods in your crock instead (roasted chicken, stuffed green peppers, baked potatoes, cabbage rolls, meatloaf....cake).

MamaMandee
by Mandee on Mar. 26, 2013 at 1:08 PM

You might some ideas here:

http://www.myrecipes.com/no-cook-recipes/

warmcoffee
by Bronze Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 1:36 PM
1 mom liked this

Thanks for sharing that link found this recipe and can't wait to try it, may be a while 'cuz I just went grocery shopping and need most ingredients - but will definitely try in the summer 'cuz I really do not want to invest in an ice cream maker -  But I still have to get a blender, but that's ok, I can find one that's not really expensive. This sounds deliciously awesome!!!

Quoting MamaMandee:

No-Cook Peach Ice Cream Recipe

Ingredients

• (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk $
  • (5-ounce) can evaporated milk $
  • 1 1/4 cups whole milk
  • peeled, sliced medium-size fresh ripe peaches or 1 (15.25-ounce) can peaches in light syrup, drained
  • 2 tablespoons sugar $
  • 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 3/4 cup peach nectar

Preparation

1. Whisk first 3 ingredients in a 2-quart pitcher or large bowl until blended. Cover and chill 30 minutes.
  2. Process peaches with sugar, lemon juice, and salt in a blender or food processor until smooth. Stir into milk mixture with peach nectar.
  3. Pour milk mixture into freezer container of a 1-quart electric ice-cream maker, and freeze according to manufacturer's instructions. (Instructions and times will vary.)
  4. Remove container with ice cream from ice-cream maker, and place in freezer 15 minutes. Transfer to an airtight container; freeze until firm, about 1 to 1 1/2 hours.
  5. Note: For testing purposes only, we used a Rival 4-quart Durable Plastic Bucket Ice Cream Maker and a Cuisinart Automatic Frozen Yogurt-Ice Cream & Sorbet Maker.
snuggiewoogie
by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 9:31 PM

Good luck to you :)

Supermommyof423
by New Member on Mar. 27, 2013 at 11:20 AM
Yes i have a crock pot. Forgot to mention that. It got dented while we were moving a couple years back. I hope it still works. I.have never used it. I also have another bowl that can be heated. I think it is some type of warmer. It plugs into the wall like a crockpot. There is nothing wrong with it.

Quoting VanBurren:

Chicken salad sandwiches; chili; grilled cheese; panini sandwiches.

What about using a crock.....do you have one?  You can make oven-baked foods in your crock instead (roasted chicken, stuffed green peppers, baked potatoes, cabbage rolls, meatloaf....cake).

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Supermommyof423
by New Member on Mar. 27, 2013 at 11:23 AM
Thanks.

Quoting snuggiewoogie:

Good luck to you :)

Supermommyof423
by New Member on Mar. 27, 2013 at 11:25 AM
Thanks for the link.

Quoting warmcoffee:

Thanks for sharing that link found this recipe and can't wait to try it, may be a while 'cuz I just went grocery shopping and need most ingredients - but will definitely try in the summer 'cuz I really do not want to invest in an ice cream maker -  But I still have to get a blender, but that's ok, I can find one that's not really expensive. This sounds deliciously awesome!!!

Quoting MamaMandee:

No-Cook Peach Ice Cream Recipe

Ingredients

• (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk $
  • (5-ounce) can evaporated milk $
  • 1 1/4 cups whole milk
  • peeled, sliced medium-size fresh ripe peaches or 1 (15.25-ounce) can peaches in light syrup, drained
  • 2 tablespoons sugar $
  • 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 3/4 cup peach nectar

Preparation

1. Whisk first 3 ingredients in a 2-quart pitcher or large bowl until blended. Cover and chill 30 minutes.
  2. Process peaches with sugar, lemon juice, and salt in a blender or food processor until smooth. Stir into milk mixture with peach nectar.
  3. Pour milk mixture into freezer container of a 1-quart electric ice-cream maker, and freeze according to manufacturer's instructions. (Instructions and times will vary.)
  4. Remove container with ice cream from ice-cream maker, and place in freezer 15 minutes. Transfer to an airtight container; freeze until firm, about 1 to 1 1/2 hours.
  5. Note: For testing purposes only, we used a Rival 4-quart Durable Plastic Bucket Ice Cream Maker and a Cuisinart Automatic Frozen Yogurt-Ice Cream & Sorbet Maker.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN