Panko-Crusted Cod with Tomato-Basil Relish from the My Recipes site!
Serve with Creamy Tomato Soup and Soba Noodle Salad. Look for U.S.-caught Alaska cod, gray cod, or true cod.
- 2 large egg whites, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup panko (Japanese breadcrumbs)
- 4 (6-ounce) cod fillets
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, quartered
- 1/2 cup vertically sliced Vidalia or other sweet onion
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil leaves
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Creamy Tomato Soup
- Soba Noodle Salad
- 1. Preheat oven to 450°.
- 2. Place egg whites in a shallow dish; place panko in another shallow dish. Dip fish in egg whites; sprinkle fish evenly with 1/4 teaspoon salt, and dredge in panko. Heat oil in a large ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat; swirl to coat. Add fish to pan; cook 3 minutes or until browned and very crispy. Turn fish over; place pan in oven. Bake fish at 450° for 7 minutes or until desired degree of doneness.
- 3. Combine remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, tomatoes, and remaining ingredients in a bowl. Serve with fish.