Pear-Stuffed Tenderloin Recipe from the Taste of Home site!
Prep: 15 min. Bake: 25 min
Yield: 2-3 Servings
- 1 cup chopped peeled ripe pears
- 1/4 cup hazelnuts, toasted
- 1/4 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup finely shredded carrot
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pork tenderloin (3/4 to 1 pound)
- Vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons orange marmalade
- In a bowl, combine the first eight ingredients; set aside. Make a lengthwise cut three-quarters of the way through the tenderloin; open and flatten to 1/4-in. thickness. Spread pear mixture over tenderloin. Roll up from a long side; tuck in ends. Secure with toothpicks.
- Place tenderloin on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Brush lightly with oil. Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 20-25 minutes or until a meat thermometer inserted into pork reads 155°. Brush with marmalade. Bake 5-10 minutes longer or until thermometer reads 160°-170°. Let stand for 5 minutes. Discard toothpicks and slice.