Crispy Herbed Shrimp with Chive Aioli from the My Recipes site!
Fresh herbs brighten up crispy shrimp for an indulgent yet lightened take on traditional fried shrimp.
Yield: Serves 4 (serving size: about 5 shrimp and 2 tablespoons sauce)
- 3/4 cup panko (Japanese breadcrumbs), divided
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 large egg whites, lightly beaten
- 1 1/2 pounds large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/2 cup 2% Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup canola mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1. Combine 1/4 cup panko, parsley, thyme, and crushed red pepper in a mini food processor; pulse to combine. Combine herb mixture with remaining 1/2 cup panko in a shallow dish. Place cornstarch and egg whites in separate shallow dishes. Sprinkle shrimp with salt and black pepper. Dredge half of shrimp in cornstarch, shaking off excess; dip into egg whites. Dredge shrimp in panko mixture; press to adhere. Repeat procedure with remaining shrimp.
- 2. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add 1 tablespoon oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add half of shrimp to pan; cook 3 minutes on each side or until done. Repeat with remaining oil and shrimp.
- 3. Combine yogurt and remaining ingredients in a small bowl. Serve with shrimp.
on Apr. 24, 2013 at 3:18 PM