Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Dinner Ideas Dinner Ideas

Daily Chocolate Fix. . .(Healthy Chocolate Shake)

Posted by   + Show Post

This post is for Jessica since she just got a new blender and was looking for a less-fattening chocolate shake to make:)  I found this recipe on a really cool blog called InspiredRD by this lady named Alysa.  It's worth checking out for some healthier ideas!

Ingredients
  • 1 cup milk (I used coconut milk)
  • 1 very ripe banana
  • 1 Tbsp. cocoa powder (use raw cacao powder if you can find it)
  • 1 Tbsp. nut butter (I prefer almond butter, Jeff prefers peanut butter)
  • 1 tsp. honey (optional – use if banana not very ripe)
  • 1.5 cups ice (add less ice for smoother shake)

Instructions
  1. Put all ingredients in blender in order listed. Blend until smooth.
by on May. 11, 2013 at 11:54 AM
Replies (11-13):
VanBurren
by Beth on May. 12, 2013 at 4:26 PM

Awe....poor little guy.  Meds can sure mess with ya.

Derrick, like I said, really isn't skinny...he just thinks he is.  He's 6'4" and weighs 218.....perfect, I think.  And I told him that just because he wants to gain weight, it doesn't mean he's going to gain it in the places he wants.  His body just isn't made to be heavy, and I think he should leave it alone.

Quoting deadlights86:

Interesting. Good luck with that its hard to gain weight in a healthy way. Ds dr told me to start putting extra butter on anything I could get it on and lots of peanut butter and let him have any food he wants. So I have to put butter on all his vegies its kinda gross really I feel like I'm killing my son but he's so skinny. He has adhd and when he's on his meds he doesn't eat.

Quoting VanBurren:

I hear ya:)  My sweetie has been wanting to gain weight.....why, I have no idea.....but maybe I'll suggest this shake to him (minus the bananas).  He's not really skinny, but he'd just like to be 20-30 pounds heavier.  I told him, "Do you know how many women would like to smack you up-side the head when you say that????!!!!"  LOL

Quoting deadlights86:

No it sounds gross to me. I didn't want to try it either banana and peanut butter and chocolate together sounds so gross. I just threw it out plus it was something to help ds gain weight I have enough weight lol. I think ours had instant chocolate carnation breakfast powder instead of cocoa though. I tried to get everyone to try it and nobody wanted any.

Quoting VanBurren:

Quoting deadlights86:

We got this recipe from ds dr to try and help him gain weight. He wouldn't even touch it.

Even though your ds wouldn't touch it, did you try it??  Was it good?  :)

deadlights86
by Member on May. 12, 2013 at 4:29 PM

Tell him to lift weights. He will gain weight through muscle then he will weigh a little more and be muscley lol

Quoting VanBurren:

Derrick, like I said, really isn't skinny...he just thinks he is.  He's 6'4" and weighs 218.....perfect, I think.  And I told him that just because he wants to gain weight, it doesn't mean he's going to gain it in the places he wants.  His body just isn't made to be heavy, and I think he should leave it alone.

Quoting deadlights86:

Interesting. Good luck with that its hard to gain weight in a healthy way. Ds dr told me to start putting extra butter on anything I could get it on and lots of peanut butter and let him have any food he wants. So I have to put butter on all his vegies its kinda gross really I feel like I'm killing my son but he's so skinny. He has adhd and when he's on his meds he doesn't eat.

Quoting VanBurren:

I hear ya:)  My sweetie has been wanting to gain weight.....why, I have no idea.....but maybe I'll suggest this shake to him (minus the bananas).  He's not really skinny, but he'd just like to be 20-30 pounds heavier.  I told him, "Do you know how many women would like to smack you up-side the head when you say that????!!!!"  LOL

Quoting deadlights86:

No it sounds gross to me. I didn't want to try it either banana and peanut butter and chocolate together sounds so gross. I just threw it out plus it was something to help ds gain weight I have enough weight lol. I think ours had instant chocolate carnation breakfast powder instead of cocoa though. I tried to get everyone to try it and nobody wanted any.

Quoting VanBurren:

Quoting deadlights86:

We got this recipe from ds dr to try and help him gain weight. He wouldn't even touch it.

VanBurren
by Beth on May. 12, 2013 at 4:41 PM

He was lifting weights and eating protein bars, but poor guy just isn't made to be "thick".  He'd have to dedicate his life to it like body builders do (pumping iron 4-6 hours a day) to actually bulk up....lol  

He was on prednisone for a few years, and that caused him to gain to where he actually looked like he'd been building muscles (outside of his face getting a bit puffy), and he liked how he looked then.  I try to tell him how great I think he looks now, but you know we all can be our own worst critic.......

Quoting deadlights86:

Tell him to lift weights. He will gain weight through muscle then he will weigh a little more and be muscley lol

Quoting VanBurren:

Quoting deadlights86:

Quoting VanBurren:

Quoting deadlights86:

Quoting VanBurren:

Quoting deadlights86:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)