Tex-Mex Calzones from the My Recipes site!
Spice up sandwich night with this Tex-Mex inspired favorite packed with ground turkey, fresh veggies, and spicy salsa.
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 1 calzone and 1 tablespoon sour cream)
- 8 ounces ground turkey breast
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup fat-free fire-roasted salsa verde
- 1 (11-ounce) can refrigerated thin-crust pizza dough
- 3/4 cup (3 ounces) preshredded Mexican blend cheese
- Cooking spray
- 1/4 cup fat-free sour cream
- 1. Preheat oven to 425°.
- 2. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add ground turkey to pan; cook 3 minutes, stirring to crumble. Add onion and next 5 ingredients (through garlic) to pan; cook 4 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender, stirring mixture occasionally. Remove turkey mixture from heat; stir in salsa.
- 3. Unroll dough; divide into 4 equal portions. Roll each portion into a 6 x 4–inch rectangle. Working with one rectangle at a time, spoon about 1/2 cup turkey mixture on one side of dough. Top with 3 tablespoons cheese; fold dough over turkey mixture, and press edges together with a fork to seal. Place on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Repeat procedure with remaining dough and turkey mixture. Bake at 425° for 12 minutes or until browned. Serve with sour cream.
- Black bean salad: Combine 1 (15-ounce) can rinsed and drained black beans, 1 cup quartered cherry tomatoes, 1/2 cup chopped red onion, 1/4 cup chopped celery, 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice, 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro, and 1 tablespoon olive oil in a medium bowl; toss well to coat.
on May. 18, 2013 at 2:41 PM