Slow-Cooker Honey Sesame Chicken from the Tasty Kitchen site!
- 3 pounds Boneless, Skinless Chicken Thighs
- Salt And Pepper, to taste
- ¾ cups Honey
- ½ cups Soy Sauce
- ¼ cups Plus 2 Tablespoons Ketchup
- 1 Tablespoon Canola Oil
- 1 Tablespoon Sesame Oil
- 1 Tablespoon Minced Or Grated Fresh Ginger Root
- 4 cloves Garlic, Peeled And Minced Or Pressed
- ¾ teaspoons Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
- 4 teaspoons Cornstarch
- ¼ cups Cold Water
- Optional Garnishes: Thinly Sliced Scallions, Sesame Seeds
- 6 cups Hot Cooked Rice, For Serving
Very lightly season the chicken thighs with salt and pepper and place them in the slow cooker.
Whisk together the honey, soy sauce, ketchup, canola and sesame oils, ginger, garlic and pepper flakes in a mixing bowl and pour over the chicken thighs. Cover the slow cooker and cook on low for 4 hours, or until the chicken is tender and cooked through.
Use tongs or a slotted spoon to transfer the chicken to a rimmed plate or bowl and cover lightly with foil, leaving the sauce in the slow cooker.
Stir the cornstarch into the water with a fork or small whisk until dissolved. Whisk the mixture into the sauce in the slow cooker. Cover the slow-cooker and turn the heat to high. Let it cook and thicken for 15 minutes.
Carefully transfer the chicken back into the slow-cooker and mix to coat the chicken with the thickened sauce.
Serve the pieces of chicken over hot cooked rice. Spoon the sauce over the chicken and garnish with sesame seeds and scallions.