Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

SAHM

Posted by on Jun. 22, 2011 at 2:03 PM
  • 4 Replies
  • 220 Total Views

What is your normal day like? What do you and your children do while your husband/SO is at work?

by on Jun. 22, 2011 at 2:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Mommy8118
by Southern Princess on Jun. 22, 2011 at 2:08 PM

We wake up and eat breakfast. For the first part of the day the kids and I mainly do what ever. The kids play and I relax and wake  up. At lunch time my husband comes home we eat lunch and then after lunch it is the kids nap time. While the kids are sleeping I start doing work around the house. When the kids wake up they get a snack and then they help me finish doing any cleaning that needs to be done or they go clean their rooms. Then we figure out what we are going to cook for dinner and set it out. Then Husband comes home and the kids and him play with the remote helicopter and ruff house around while I am cooking dinner. We eat dinner and start getting ready for bed. And either right after lunch or right before bed me and the kids work on some type of learning work books or flash cards.  

melly_v88
by on Jun. 22, 2011 at 2:11 PM

Day starts at 4 AM where hubbys 17 alarms [I mean that literally] start going off. He leaves at 4:30, and I get back in bed until 7 AM. At this point I wake up and usually find my 2 year old DD outside of my bedroom door. She likes sleeping on the floor, any floor. I don't know why, but I don't put her there. I change her diaper; get her juice and fruit snacks and she gets in bed with me and watches a movie. Then at 9 we get up sissy, who is 1 and go into the living room with cereal or yogurt and play. 12-1 is lunch time, then 2-5 is nap, then if it's not too hot we go outside or play a game. Dinner is 7-8 and then it's bed time. Hubby comes home from school around 3, and we're in bed by 10 :)

Mommy8118
by Southern Princess on Jun. 22, 2011 at 3:49 PM

My four year old son also likes to sleep on the floor. I dont know why he does either. But if i put him to bed in his bed as soon as i close the door he gets down on the floor and sleeps... I guess its just a kid thing. But he has been sleeping on the floor instead of in his bed for probably about two years. Every now and then i can get him to sleep in his bed but most the time he gets down onto the floor and goes to sleep! 

Quoting melly_v88:

Day starts at 4 AM where hubbys 17 alarms [I mean that literally] start going off. He leaves at 4:30, and I get back in bed until 7 AM. At this point I wake up and usually find my 2 year old DD outside of my bedroom door. She likes sleeping on the floor, any floor. I don't know why, but I don't put her there. I change her diaper; get her juice and fruit snacks and she gets in bed with me and watches a movie. Then at 9 we get up sissy, who is 1 and go into the living room with cereal or yogurt and play. 12-1 is lunch time, then 2-5 is nap, then if it's not too hot we go outside or play a game. Dinner is 7-8 and then it's bed time. Hubby comes home from school around 3, and we're in bed by 10 :)

lgilmore
by Peanut on Jul. 20, 2011 at 5:03 AM

Breakfast is between 8 and 9. after that the boys play until lunch which is between 12 and 1. after lunch its nap time. while the boys are napping i'm doing some house work. when the boys get up from their nap they have a snack. my husband leaves for work at 330. after that me and the boys goof off. we dance around and be silly. supper is between 5 and 630. than bath at 730. the boys are in bed by 830. than i finshen my house work. i'm usually in bed between 10 and 12am. my husband gets home from work between 2am and 4am. he'll get up between 10am and 12pm (depending on what time he got home from work) then me and the boys start all over again.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)