Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hello, ladies!

Posted by on Dec. 5, 2011 at 1:30 AM
  • 2 Replies
  • 141 Total Views

I just joined this group here and I wanted to take this opportunity to introduce myself to yall!

I'm Chasity, a 25-year-old housewife and mother to one special-needs son, Hayden.  My hubby and I have been partners in crime for about 6 years now and married for 5.  Our son, Hayden, is 4.  We've had all kinds of obstacles to deal with, especially with Hayden-he was born with a cleft lip and palate and has since had 3 in-patient surgeries to correct it, as well as 2 out-patient surgeries to change his ear tubes.  He's about to be formally diagnosed as Autism (the neurologist, pediatrician, and my husband and I all agree there).  He's behind in speech and development but is quickly catching up since he's been in school since August.  Anyhoo.  We're down here in Louisiana.  My husband's family moved here about 15 years ago.  I was born and raised here, and I've never lived anywhere else.  I've traveled to other states, though:  Mississippi, Florida, Alabama, Arkansas, Texas, and Idaho.  I don't think I'd ever want to live anywhere else-this is home to me, and it always will be. 

I enjoy reading, watching movies, playing Wii or Playstation, listening to music, browsing bookstores for hours, writing, and painting.  And, of course, spending time with my 2 guys!  I think that's about it for now.  I look forward to getting to know everyone! 

Hope all is well with all of you and your families!

by on Dec. 5, 2011 at 1:30 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
kdnasuti7
by Peanut on Dec. 13, 2011 at 9:24 AM

Nice meeting you :) If you ever need someoen to talk to, im here! My little brother was diagnosed with Autism. I honestly don't know much about it because he lives up North with my father but my dad tells me it can be really hard at some points.

HaydensMom178
by on Dec. 13, 2011 at 11:55 PM

Hi, kdnasuti!  Nice to meet you, too!  Thanks so much for the offer!  It's really sweet, and I look forward to getting to know you better.  Your dad's right-it can be very stressful!  Although, with all of his other issues, I guess we're used to the stress mostly. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)