Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Have you moved lately? Give me advice.

Posted by on Jun. 10, 2011 at 5:32 PM
  • 13 Replies

So, I'm moving in 2 weeks to another state (1200 miles away).

I think I have everything under control . . . I'm doing all the packing but a moving company will be moving us. 

What am I forgetting?  I feel way too calm . . .

by on Jun. 10, 2011 at 5:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
s.t.e.p.h
by on Jun. 10, 2011 at 7:47 PM

I've never had to make a huge move...so I don't have any advice..but best wishes!

njmomof3
by on Jun. 10, 2011 at 7:49 PM

Pack everything carefully and label the boxes.

Good luck with your move!

amonkeymom
by Member on Jun. 11, 2011 at 1:10 PM

Wow, I've never had to make a huge move like that.  Labels are probably going to be your best friends, so I'd make sure every box is marked so that you can find everything you need once you get there.

BraythansMom
by on Jun. 12, 2011 at 8:46 PM
We were about to move 400 miles away but decided not to. Glad we didn't lol...

When we moved here we had a moving service and it was awesome. Just make sure to document everything :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
NearSeattleMom
by Member on Jun. 13, 2011 at 2:37 AM

Thanks, everyone!

I spent my weekend packing.  I'm labeling every box . . . I remember from before (13 years ago!) that every box and item gets a stick and number, so hopefully nothing gets lost.  And I'm packing carefully so nothing breaks.

Moving is SO MUCH WORK. 

CrystalJulianna
by on Jun. 13, 2011 at 11:01 AM

No I havent move in a long time. 

iluv2read
by on Jun. 13, 2011 at 6:32 PM
I've moved, but not state to state since becoming an adult. When I was a kid, though, we moved from state to state a few times, and that was always the most stressful time for everyone. Every time, too, we left things at our old house: at one, we left my kitchen set, at another, my swings, and at another, my dad's favorite poster... "THE" Farrah Fawcett poster that everyone seemed to have back then, lol.

♥  ♥  ♥  I love to read. ♥  ♥  ♥

Nov.2011
by on Jun. 15, 2011 at 4:14 PM

next week we are moving to a different state leaving all of my family behind
we havent even started my boyfriends work is just throwing us around with this relocation, it sucks! i feel like we are forgetting SOOO MUCH too! but i dont know..

and im 4 months pregnant and im scared my parents wont ever get to see the baby which is the worst feeling ever!

spizzarks1978
by on Dec. 20, 2011 at 11:04 AM

If your using a company to move you, i'd suggest to not only label your boxes but count and number them so no boxes get lost and keep a list of the #'d boxes and whats inside. Also # them for each room, (kitchen has 10 boxes, kids room has 8 boxes) that way all the boxes go to the room they need to be in and not all over the place.  Also makes unpacking easier.  We just moved over the weekend ourselves, not to far from where we were but it's still a big job.  If your traveling make sure you keep a pile for toiletries you will need and clothes, jammies, entertainment and food you'll need during the trip.  I would also suggest keeping your most valued possessions with you instead of going in a box on the truck  just in case.  Good luck.  Moving is not always easy but once its over it's over lol

timeforprogress
by on Dec. 20, 2011 at 11:21 AM
If Get photographs of all your furniture and appliances, so if the moving company damages it you will have proof.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)