Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Motivation

Posted by on Jun. 11, 2011 at 1:14 PM
  • 11 Replies

With summer here, how are you motivating your kids to do more than just lie around the house all day?  Are they involved in any activities, camps, etc?  Do you give them daily chores to help keep them busy?  Do you require them to do anything to help keep up the skills they learned during the school year?

by on Jun. 11, 2011 at 1:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
njmomof3
by on Jun. 12, 2011 at 6:25 PM

I try to plan activities to keep them busy. 

As soon as school ends, they'll be going to camp everyday.

bamababe1975
by Member on Jun. 12, 2011 at 6:59 PM
They have chores and activities outside they can do, but I don't require them to do anything to keep up their skills. I want them to have time to just be kids.
amonkeymom
by Member on Jun. 13, 2011 at 7:16 PM

Quoting njmomof3:

I try to plan activities to keep them busy. 

As soon as school ends, they'll be going to camp everyday.

Ooh, lucky kids!  I want to go to camp!  ;)

amonkeymom
by Member on Jun. 13, 2011 at 7:17 PM

Quoting bamababe1975:

They have chores and activities outside they can do, but I don't require them to do anything to keep up their skills. I want them to have time to just be kids.

I feel this way too, but I have a friend who has always made her daughter do school work for about an hour a day over the summer.... I think it's backfired a little though, her daughter was bored in school (or lazy or burnt out) and failed a class this last semester.

kylesmom
by on Jun. 13, 2011 at 7:22 PM

we have 4 weeks of summer camp, 2 weeks of VBS, a vacation planned, and he will get to have a couple of weeks off.  We are also will be walking 3 nights a week and kyle will have water polo 2 nights a week.

LivinDeadGurl
by Maranda on Jul. 1, 2011 at 11:45 AM

We don't really change much. The kids are pretty active as it is. The only thing we watch is them sleeping in half the day.

amonkeymom
by Member on Jul. 3, 2011 at 6:45 PM

Quoting LivinDeadGurl:

We don't really change much. The kids are pretty active as it is. The only thing we watch is them sleeping in half the day.

I've had to put a stop to the sleeping all day business too.  My daughter would sleep til 1pm or later if I let her.

CoolMommyofboys
by on Jul. 3, 2011 at 7:40 PM

Quoting amonkeymom:

Quoting LivinDeadGurl:

I've had to put a stop to the sleeping all day business too.  My daughter would sleep til 1pm or later if I let her.

how old are your kids?  I wish mine would sleep in   LOL   they are four and seven and are up every single day by 7:00 - most days it is 6:30

CoolMommyofboys
by on Jul. 3, 2011 at 7:42 PM

we had swimming lessons for two weeks, went on a short vacation this past week and my seven year old has golf camp next week followed by a short family vacation (we're going camping)

other than that, we go to the water park a lot

I try to get my oldest to read some but that is about all the school work we do

LivinDeadGurl
by Maranda on Jul. 3, 2011 at 8:52 PM

Quoting CoolMommyofboys:

Quoting amonkeymom:

Quoting LivinDeadGurl:

how old are your kids?  I wish mine would sleep in   LOL   they are four and seven and are up every single day by 7:00 - most days it is 6:30

Mine are 11, almost 5, 3 and 8 months.

The older two are the ones who try to sleep all day.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)