Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Moms are staying more organized with their Samsung Galaxy Tab

Posted by   + Show Post

We know it's sometimes hard to organize those ever growing to-do lists. But with the help of Samsung, some moms are staying a bit more organized.

We gave five moms the Samsung Galaxy Tab and asked them to share their opinions on the cool features of the tab (including the organizational ones). Read what they have to say and then share how electronics are keeping you more organized as a mom. 

For additional information on the Samsung Galaxy, click here.

by on Jun. 15, 2011 at 1:08 PM
Replies (11-20):
heathermichelle
by on Jun. 16, 2011 at 4:37 PM

Oh man. I would have loved one. *crosses fingers and hopes for an awesome influencer one next time*

johnny4ever
by Mrs. Depp on Jun. 16, 2011 at 4:52 PM

Quoting heathermichelle:

Oh man. I would have loved one. *crosses fingers and hopes for an awesome influencer one next time*

Me to!

the3Rs
by on Jun. 16, 2011 at 5:38 PM

Yes!!!

Quoting heathermichelle:

blsdbyangel07
by on Jun. 16, 2011 at 8:48 PM

Just got mines  :)   Woohoo.  I'm hopefully going to get a router this weekend so I can really play with my new toy.  But i'm super excited and thanks so much for picking me!  I'm gonna play with it later on to get familiar with the different stuff on it soo i'll update tomorrow on what i've learned about it!  I already took a tonnnnn of pictures on it soooo I know for a fact i'll seriously be utilizing that aspect of it  :P

Quoting blsdbyangel07:

This post is reserved for blsdbyangel07

SpencersMommy92
by on Jun. 17, 2011 at 9:18 AM

Day Two:

So I took my Samsung Galaxy Tablet to the library yesterday and was able to set up some of the features it offers. I have to say I didn't realize how many wonderful apps the Android Market offers, and I can not wait to explore this more when I actually have my wireless router at home. I did however download some things that I thought would keep Spencer occupied during trying times. He is three and so far absolutely loves the "Kids Doodle" app from the Android Market. It is a really simple app....just a piece of "paper" with a "pencil" tab to touch that changes the way their finger will draw on the pad. There is an "eraser" tab to touch that of course erases, and once he is done playing around he can hit the "film reel" tab and replay all of the drawing and erasing he just did. He loves it and spent the better part of the evening begging to play. 

I also downloaded the "Kid Tv" app which allows Spencer to choose TONS of television shows to watch, once hooked to our wireless router here at home, or even at a store or resturaunt that offers free wi-fi, we will check that out and get back to everyone.

So the first part of my review would be that, this is great for mom's who are looking for a little piece and quiet on a day when their little ones have been clinging to their leg since the moment they woke up. When we got back from the library, Spencer sat and played with the Kid Doodle while I read my book sitting right next to him on the couch. We were interacting still and I had to take breaks through pages, but it was a calming moment for us before daddy got home and we had dinner. THANK YOU SAMSUNG GALAXY and CAFEMOM! :)

There are also a ton of other apps that are geared towards little ones and I can't wait to explore them and see how they all work. There were some fun ones, but there were also some educational ones that teach writing, letters, reading, and math, counting, and more. We are so excited. 

Here are some pics of Spencer enjoying the Kid Doodle.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

For us adults it is even better. I haven't really checked out the calendar yet, but I downloaded my FB app..which is fabulous. I can check my FB at the tap of a finger and all the things I am looking for are right there at the tip of my finger. 

There is an app for my Meetup.Com group so that I can check the calendar and see what's going on in our Playgroup at the touch of a finger. 

My Kindle is on their as well so I am going to sell my Kindle that I have for 40 dollars! :) So Thanks again Cafemom!

With one touch I can check my email. I also now have access to Words With Friends...which I CAN NOT wait to play. 

I am sure there is much more that I am capable of doing, and we are headed back to the library as soon as it opens to yet again use their wi-fi to check out my tablet. :)

LovesFredric
by on Jun. 17, 2011 at 11:00 AM

We got that app too - it's so awesome for the kiddos!!

Quoting SpencersMommy92:

SpencersMommy92
by on Jun. 17, 2011 at 12:09 PM

Quoting LovesFredric:
 I also immediately bought a cover for the tablet to keep it nice and snuggly and safe. - I am going to head out to staples and purchase one after work tonight. I have been keeping mine in the box. Just to keep it safe.  

tashntim
by on Jun. 18, 2011 at 12:27 AM

My hubby found an app called Kid Mode or Zoodles, not sure which one it is, both show up when I load it. But it's great! Trent is 18 months, and it has activities for him, and even an option to lock the screen so he can't exit out while playing. And to leave the app, you have to write a Z on the screen..so the kiddo can't exit out accidentally!!!

And of course I'm having a BLAST with Pandora!!! We've also downloaded the GasBuddy app which finds cheap gas in the area :)

johnny4ever
by Mrs. Depp on Jun. 18, 2011 at 7:58 AM

Quoting SpencersMommy92:

Day Two:

So I took my Samsung Galaxy Tablet to the library yesterday and was able to set up some of the features it offers. I have to say I didn't realize how many wonderful apps the Android Market offers, and I can not wait to explore this more when I actually have my wireless router at home. I did however download some things that I thought would keep Spencer occupied during trying times. He is three and so far absolutely loves the "Kids Doodle" app from the Android Market. It is a really simple app....just a piece of "paper" with a "pencil" tab to touch that changes the way their finger will draw on the pad. There is an "eraser" tab to touch that of course erases, and once he is done playing around he can hit the "film reel" tab and replay all of the drawing and erasing he just did. He loves it and spent the better part of the evening begging to play. 

I also downloaded the "Kid Tv" app which allows Spencer to choose TONS of television shows to watch, once hooked to our wireless router here at home, or even at a store or resturaunt that offers free wi-fi, we will check that out and get back to everyone.

So the first part of my review would be that, this is great for mom's who are looking for a little piece and quiet on a day when their little ones have been clinging to their leg since the moment they woke up. When we got back from the library, Spencer sat and played with the Kid Doodle while I read my book sitting right next to him on the couch. We were interacting still and I had to take breaks through pages, but it was a calming moment for us before daddy got home and we had dinner. THANK YOU SAMSUNG GALAXY and CAFEMOM! :)

There are also a ton of other apps that are geared towards little ones and I can't wait to explore them and see how they all work. There were some fun ones, but there were also some educational ones that teach writing, letters, reading, and math, counting, and more. We are so excited. 

Here are some pics of Spencer enjoying the Kid Doodle.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

For us adults it is even better. I haven't really checked out the calendar yet, but I downloaded my FB app..which is fabulous. I can check my FB at the tap of a finger and all the things I am looking for are right there at the tip of my finger. 

There is an app for my Meetup.Com group so that I can check the calendar and see what's going on in our Playgroup at the touch of a finger. 

My Kindle is on their as well so I am going to sell my Kindle that I have for 40 dollars! :) So Thanks again Cafemom!

With one touch I can check my email. I also now have access to Words With Friends...which I CAN NOT wait to play. 

I am sure there is much more that I am capable of doing, and we are headed back to the library as soon as it opens to yet again use their wi-fi to check out my tablet. :)

thats awesome!

SpencersMommy92
by on Jun. 18, 2011 at 11:01 AM

Day Three/Four:

So yesterday we spent a little bit of time at the library, and then I worked at night, we have free wi-fi at Bob Evans so I took the tablet with me and enjoyed some quiet dinner time while playing with my new toy. This means I finally got to enjoy some MOMMY time on the tablet, and boy do I have some things to say about that, but first, I want to give a big SHOUT OUT and AMEN to the people at Samnsung. I was checking out the Android Market online and it was mentioning how you could download and install through your computer...a feature I am very excited about considering I have about another 4 days until my wireless router arrives. I connected my tablet to my PC through USB and nothing happened. My computer searched for a driver for what felt like FOREVER and eventually told me they could find nothing. I went to the support page on Samsung's website, dialed up a live chat representative and within seconds had a website to download and install my driver. Now I am sitting at home downloading apps for my little man because we have an hour drive to a picnic ahead of us this afternoon!!!! WOOHOO Samsung. You rock! 

With that said onto the review. I was able to actually explore the Pulse application last night at work, and that is probably one of the coolest features I have found yet. It allows you to choose from a long list of newspapers, blogs, websites, and television channels to have all the latest news at the touch of a finger. All you have to do is tap the story that interest you and to the right of your screen a complete story will pop up for you to read, filled with links to previous stories involving the story you are currently reading about. All the information you need to understand a story is literally at the tip of your finger!

SportsTap is a great app that allows hubby and I to see all the sports scores we are interested in at the tap of a finger. The following categories are included which then breaks down into an individual team or simply the entire league: NFL, MLB, NBA, NHL, College Football, NCAA, Auto Racing, Soccer, Golf, Tennis, and Local! My hubby absolutely loves this APP!!!! This feature allows you to "favorite" certain teams and actually gives you notifications when they have played. Keeping track of scores and stats was never so easy. 

There is also an app that allows me to keep track of my menstrual cycle and calculates ovulation if you are trying to get or not get pregnant! :) That one is really neat. At least for us mommy's!

There is also a YellowBook App that is like have a phonebook at the tip of your fingers. You can search for general stores or specific names. Either way you will never be able to use the "I didn't have the number" excuse. 

Of course I will end today's review with some more shots of Spencer enjoying the Galaxy! This time we downloaded Angry Birds. I know we are behind in the times, but we didn't have access to apps and never had a chance to be addicted when everyone else was, needless to say we are obsessed! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN