Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Moms are staying more organized with their Samsung Galaxy Tab

Posted by   + Show Post

We know it's sometimes hard to organize those ever growing to-do lists. But with the help of Samsung, some moms are staying a bit more organized.

We gave five moms the Samsung Galaxy Tab and asked them to share their opinions on the cool features of the tab (including the organizational ones). Read what they have to say and then share how electronics are keeping you more organized as a mom. 

For additional information on the Samsung Galaxy, click here.

by on Jun. 15, 2011 at 1:08 PM
Replies (21-30):
SpencersMommy92
by on Jun. 20, 2011 at 8:54 AM

Day Five/Six:

I actually worked all weekend and had a party on Saturday that took up the entire day. So I didn't really have time to play with my new toy...however I wanted to share this picture of my father checking out the tablet. He loved it, and is actually thinking about buying one for himself. We didn't really have internet access at the park we were at, but he still checked it all out and even got a little addicted to Angry Birds. LOL

SpencersMommy92
by on Jun. 20, 2011 at 9:14 AM

Quoting Excitedforbaby:

I have been playing around with the different icons and manipulating the personaolization features.  You can have almost a revolving deskop, where with a swipe you can go to another "area" of the desktop with more icons on it! <This is one of my favorite parts of the visualization of everything. I have created a "mom" desktop, a "dad desktop, a "spencer" desk top, a "game" desktop, and an "information" desktop......the mom one is obviously mine with all the things I use for just me, the dad one for my hubby, the spencer one for all the kiddie things we have downloaded for spencer to play, a game one for all our games, and an information one for all the news/email/social/work related icons. LOVE THIS FEATURE!!!!

Alerts let me know when I receive new emails - even if it's on power saving mode.  I can walk away and know when I get that ever important work email. <I love this as well. The alerts is a great way to be updated on EVERYTHING....it doesn't only give you FB noticifactions, but updates you when ANYTHING new happens in any of your apps. Including updates to download newer versions of apps that have been released. 

Apps!! There are lots of free apps that you can get for the Galaxy- including, of course Angry Birds!! hehe- the kids LOVE that feature! <There are a ton of free apps from Android Market too, all you need to do is create a google email account and you are set to explore their THOUSANDS of apps!

LovesFredric
by on Jun. 20, 2011 at 9:31 AM

oooh good idea!!!

Quoting SpencersMommy92:
Quoting Excitedforbaby:

I have been playing around with the different icons and manipulating the personaolization features.  You can have almost a revolving deskop, where with a swipe you can go to another "area" of the desktop with more icons on it! <This is one of my favorite parts of the visualization of everything. I have created a "mom" desktop, a "dad desktop, a "spencer" desk top, a "game" desktop, and an "information" desktop......the mom one is obviously mine with all the things I use for just me, the dad one for my hubby, the spencer one for all the kiddie things we have downloaded for spencer to play, a game one for all our games, and an information one for all the news/email/social/work related icons. LOVE THIS FEATURE!!!!

LovesFredric
by on Jun. 20, 2011 at 9:33 AM

So I was showing the tab to my daycare provider on Friday & we were talking about the potentials for it to be a communication device for her nonverbal child with autism.  Right now he has an $8000 computer that he uses to communicate though various pictures and icons.  Well you guessed it there are free & pay for apps available for AAC communication!!  When I dropped my kids off this morning - she told me she got a Galaxy Tab this weekend!!!  I'm so excited that I was able to show her first hand how awesome the Tab is - and that her son & her family will be able to benefit from it!!!

blsdbyangel07
by on Jun. 20, 2011 at 1:03 PM

Okay I still haven't gotten a router but i've had a chance to use it at work (we have wireless there) soooooo i've gotten to use it some.  Hopefully after I get a router at home I can really explore it more and then post more information and pictures  ;)

My intial reaction to getting this opportunity was pure joyyyyy and excitement. I've been eye balling ipads for awhile now.  My aunt got one and I was simply amazed!  Soooo you can imagine the joy I had when I got sent the first influencer email asking if I wanted to participate.  I responded 2 hours after the email was sent to me so I was like "Oh noooo I hope I get it even though i'm really late responding!"  Then very shortly after that I got an email saying I was chosen!  OMG I jumped in joy when reading it should be delivered by the next day  :D  I went home and there it was waiting for me!  I even posted it on FB to make be ubberly jealous of me  ;)  Lol.  After opening it up and turning it I was amazed at how thin and lightweight it is.  It's very slick looking!  I'm sooo excited now to get it hooked up wireless at home so I can start using this rather than my personal computer.  Plus the idea of being able to take it somewhere that offers free wifi is just even better.

Naeem has been using the kid doodle allows him to draw pictures  :D   Lol infact he 'wants' one for himself.  He has also enjoyed taking pictures which btw seem to be way better quality than my digital camera and recording videos!  He has had a blast and is always begging to either take pictures or draw pictures on it!

Once I get wireless hooked up at home i'll be able to explore it more soooo I can update this post more on what i've seen and used.  I just wanted to update before the day is out on what we've done thus far!  I need to also look into others places in my area that offers free wifi soooo I can visit there in the mean time to get further usage before then!

I'm planning on using the tab to watch videos (I spend a lot of time on youtube) as well as Naeem likes to watch videos online like on Disney, Nick Jr, etc....  We can take this product on the go and it'll keep him occupied in places that offer free wifi use!  Also, the camera/recorder has me really stoked!  I'm a photo fanatic sooo I know i'll definitely be using that feature  :D  Naeem begs me constantly to do the kid doodle sooo he'll enjoy that feature as well.  Being able to check your email with the touch of a finger is also another great advantage of this device and using the calendar to keep up with my son's doctor appointments !

I'm not really up to date on technology -- sad I know!  Lol  soo I really never heard of this product until I received the email.  I was aware of IPADS which is similar but only because my aunt got one a few months ago.  I've played with her device so i've gotten a bit familar with it in a sense however it was too costly for me to invest in which is probably a big reason as to why I was so EXCITED to be picked!  WOOOHOO FOR ME!

I just want to say thank you again Cafemom and Samsung.  I appreciate you giving me this opportunity and once I get my wireless connected I will definitely be back to share more pictures and information on this WONDERFUL LIFE MADE SIMPLIER PRODUCT !  :) 

SpencersMommy92
by on Jun. 20, 2011 at 5:17 PM

This is absolutely FABULOUS!!!! :) Way to go momma! ;)

Quoting LovesFredric:

So I was showing the tab to my daycare provider on Friday & we were talking about the potentials for it to be a communication device for her nonverbal child with autism.  Right now he has an $8000 computer that he uses to communicate though various pictures and icons.  Well you guessed it there are free & pay for apps available for AAC communication!!  When I dropped my kids off this morning - she told me she got a Galaxy Tab this weekend!!!  I'm so excited that I was able to show her first hand how awesome the Tab is - and that her son & her family will be able to benefit from it!!!

SpencersMommy92
by on Jun. 22, 2011 at 9:01 AM

Getting my wireless today....your gonna get a whole new type of review later today! :) YAY!

SpencersMommy92
by on Jun. 22, 2011 at 11:56 PM

Seems I am the only one reviewing this. LOL!! I just wanted to mention that everyday I use this I fall more in love with it...the fact that it will update me the moment I receive an email is so handy. We just got our wireless Internet today, and I haven't put the thing down. Between teaching my son how to write..with neat writing apps, and organizing myself with the calendar I have been a busy woman working hard today. :) Thanks again Cafemom!

fineyouguyswin
by on Jun. 23, 2011 at 7:23 PM
How exciting ladies. What a wonderful experience :0)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
babygurl6162008
by on Jun. 23, 2011 at 10:24 PM
Me three

Quoting johnny4ever:

Quoting heathermichelle:

Oh man. I would have loved one. *crosses fingers and hopes for an awesome influencer one next time*

Me to!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN