Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms are staying more organized with their Samsung Galaxy Tab

Posted by   + Show Post

We know it's sometimes hard to organize those ever growing to-do lists. But with the help of Samsung, some moms are staying a bit more organized.

We gave five moms the Samsung Galaxy Tab and asked them to share their opinions on the cool features of the tab (including the organizational ones). Read what they have to say and then share how electronics are keeping you more organized as a mom. 

For additional information on the Samsung Galaxy, click here.

by on Jun. 15, 2011 at 1:08 PM
Replies (31-40):
aneela
by on Jun. 24, 2011 at 4:28 PM

oh wow i wish i had got one too lol..but congrats to all the ladies

Quoting babygurl6162008:

Me three

Quoting johnny4ever:

Quoting heathermichelle:

Oh man. I would have loved one. *crosses fingers and hopes for an awesome influencer one next time*

Me to!

Come join me at Serious Coupon Swappers.
http://www.cafemom.com/group/seriouscouponswappers

aneela
by on Jun. 24, 2011 at 4:30 PM

they look GREAT...very sleek looking and im reading all those features from the moms and the reviews...wow.

lalasmama2007
by on Jun. 24, 2011 at 11:10 PM

Wow...these look really neat.  I haven't heard of them before.

blsdbyangel07
by on Jun. 25, 2011 at 11:28 AM

Just a quick update...  I have not been able to access internet yet again.  My job has wireless as well as my aunt does.  I was able to use it briefly last week at work but was unable to do it this week which is odd.  Sooo i'm going to Best Buy either tonight or tomorrow night to see if they can help me.  Plus gonna go ahead and get a protector for the screen as well as a router and hopefully get them to come by and install it.  As soon as I get this done I will be updating my entry with pictures and more information.  I apologize for the delay something came up last weekend so i was unable to go.  :)  Thanks again!

SpencersMommy92
by on Jun. 25, 2011 at 3:23 PM
Have you tried opening ypur browser when using company wireless. I know there are terms you have to agree to sometimes and that is the only way to get passed their protection that is set on their own router. We has that issue at my local library and the tech guy there fixed it for me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
begamom
by on Jun. 25, 2011 at 6:23 PM
oh wow! those are awesome!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lovinangels
by on Jun. 25, 2011 at 6:33 PM

Oooh, lucky moms! I want one of these in the worst way! I think it would really help me organize my couponing.

xxLukesMamaxx
by on Jun. 25, 2011 at 9:11 PM

Wow! Awesome!!! 

Quoting Excitedforbaby:

I just came home from work and it's HERE!!!!  I have pictures and will write a full review soon.  I need to play with it first ;)  Thank you CafeMom for this opportunity!

Okay!  Here we go.

First off- wow!!!   It's SO lightweight and THIN!   We are going on vacation for 1.5 weeks next Friday and I am so excited that I will not have to lug my laptop along with me!    

I have been playing around with the different icons and manipulating the personaolization features.  You can have almost a revolving deskop, where with a swipe you can go to another "area" of the desktop with more icons on it!

I can organize my favorites for work in one screen,  home in another and of course, cafemom in yet another!   

Alerts let me know when I receive new emails - even if it's on power saving mode.  I can walk away and know when I get that ever important work email.

Speaking of work email, I have it configured to the mail icon on my deskop, which is wonderful for ease of use!

I have already loaded the calander with important upcoming events for both home and personal life and have put music on it straight from my PC.  

Another thing about the Galaxy that I LOVE is that I can use it while I'm nursing!!  It's so lightweight that it's not cumbersome like the laptop and not stationary like the deskop, but has a nice big viewing area unlike my blackberry (we're techie nerds here!).  

I was WOW'd by the two cameras and video.  Also by how you can look at something and flip it upside down to show someone on the other side of you and the screen flips up!

The picture quality is wonderful as is the video- HD!!  

The navigation app takes me to my house, and as we walked in circles, it changes directions to show you where you're facing- super neat!

Apps!! There are lots of free apps that you can get for the Galaxy- including, of course Angry Birds!! hehe- the kids LOVE that feature!

Here are some pics of us taking it out of the box and discovering what it can do!  

The CafeMom letter!

Opening it up- so pretty lol

I love the picture below- you can see my 13 yr old staring at the baby through the Galaxy but in the backround (behind my right hand) you see the baby in the picture =)

My husband was behind me when I took this one below.   Showing the camera can face both ways!

The next are pictures taken WITH the Galaxy!  

The quality is better than my digital camera..!!

xxLukesMamaxx
by on Jun. 25, 2011 at 9:13 PM

Oh my gosh! We have an ipad and my son is addicted! He thinks it is his lol. Your son is adorable and congratulations on your new galaxy tab!! 

Quoting SpencersMommy92:

Day Two:

So I took my Samsung Galaxy Tablet to the library yesterday and was able to set up some of the features it offers. I have to say I didn't realize how many wonderful apps the Android Market offers, and I can not wait to explore this more when I actually have my wireless router at home. I did however download some things that I thought would keep Spencer occupied during trying times. He is three and so far absolutely loves the "Kids Doodle" app from the Android Market. It is a really simple app....just a piece of "paper" with a "pencil" tab to touch that changes the way their finger will draw on the pad. There is an "eraser" tab to touch that of course erases, and once he is done playing around he can hit the "film reel" tab and replay all of the drawing and erasing he just did. He loves it and spent the better part of the evening begging to play. 

I also downloaded the "Kid Tv" app which allows Spencer to choose TONS of television shows to watch, once hooked to our wireless router here at home, or even at a store or resturaunt that offers free wi-fi, we will check that out and get back to everyone.

So the first part of my review would be that, this is great for mom's who are looking for a little piece and quiet on a day when their little ones have been clinging to their leg since the moment they woke up. When we got back from the library, Spencer sat and played with the Kid Doodle while I read my book sitting right next to him on the couch. We were interacting still and I had to take breaks through pages, but it was a calming moment for us before daddy got home and we had dinner. THANK YOU SAMSUNG GALAXY and CAFEMOM! :)

There are also a ton of other apps that are geared towards little ones and I can't wait to explore them and see how they all work. There were some fun ones, but there were also some educational ones that teach writing, letters, reading, and math, counting, and more. We are so excited. 

Here are some pics of Spencer enjoying the Kid Doodle.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

For us adults it is even better. I haven't really checked out the calendar yet, but I downloaded my FB app..which is fabulous. I can check my FB at the tap of a finger and all the things I am looking for are right there at the tip of my finger. 

There is an app for my Meetup.Com group so that I can check the calendar and see what's going on in our Playgroup at the touch of a finger. 

My Kindle is on their as well so I am going to sell my Kindle that I have for 40 dollars! :) So Thanks again Cafemom!

With one touch I can check my email. I also now have access to Words With Friends...which I CAN NOT wait to play. 

I am sure there is much more that I am capable of doing, and we are headed back to the library as soon as it opens to yet again use their wi-fi to check out my tablet. :)

blsdbyangel07
by on Jun. 26, 2011 at 10:15 PM

My boss said it should work....  my coworker uses her laptop there with no issues.  Idk but everytime i've tried it cannot connect for some reason.  It tries to locate the ip address it connects and before I can browse the web it connection gets so low that it won't connect.  Ugh, frustrating to say the least.  I finally got it to work over the weekend at my aunts though so I was able to explore a bit more  ;)  Got my accessories and router.  However I won't for sure how to hook it up so they had a great deal with getting a router, tech support for 6 months (they come to your apartment or whatever) and them coming out to set up the router so I won't have wireless at my apartment until July 6th!  Boooo 

Quoting SpencersMommy92:

Have you tried opening ypur browser when using company wireless. I know there are terms you have to agree to sometimes and that is the only way to get passed their protection that is set on their own router. We has that issue at my local library and the tech guy there fixed it for me.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)