Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Willing to give up your cell phone over fear of cancer?

Posted by on Jun. 16, 2011 at 11:57 AM
  • 11 Replies

Does the prospect of cancer make you rethink spending so much time on the cellphone?

Happily I don't spend a lot of time on the cellphone but I know some that seem to have it permanently attached to their ears.

FROM NBC: The World Health Organization said today cell phones could cause cancer. The group's cancer agency has reviewed evidence and says an increased risk of a malignant type of brain cancer cannot be ruled out. The World Health Organization is labeling cell phones as "possibly carcinogenic." At the same time it said a link has not been clearly established that cell phones do cause cancer in humans. Cell phones are in the same category as dry cleaning chemicals and pesticides, according to the WHO. A group of 31 experts reviewed studies on the health effects of radio-frequency magnetic fields which are emitted by cell phones.

by on Jun. 16, 2011 at 11:57 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
iluv2read
by on Jun. 16, 2011 at 1:26 PM

No. I don't talk on mine often enough to have any concerns about it whatsoever. When I do talk on it, I use speakerphone for now until I get a BlueTooth headset because I don't like getting the face of it all gunked up with makeup and/or oil from my skin.

MommaB30
by on Jun. 16, 2011 at 1:38 PM

No way!  I refuse to walk in fear of every little thing in this world that they say can cause cancer.  Milk can also cause cancer, and sweeteners and who knows what else.  Now I think its important to use wisdon. Wear sunscreen, eat right, drink water excercise.. (obesity greatly increases risk of cancer especially breast cancer) I should tackle that (im not super skinny for sure!) before I worry about what my cell phone will do.. so I will keep on using it.. besides I play with apps and text more than I talk anyway!!! :) shrugging

the3Rs
by on Jun. 16, 2011 at 1:42 PM

Never!  Won't be giving up my cell phone.  Everything causes cancer.

sweettigeress
by on Jul. 26, 2011 at 9:54 PM

Nope.

earthangel1967
Happy Sept! I changed my siggy & profile for Sept. This month I'll be spending time in Love & Marriage & Frugalistas & Everyday Family Ideas groups. See you there! :D
Today at 1:35 AM
by on Jul. 26, 2011 at 9:57 PM

I never had one and dont need one so not applicable

My husband has one he has to have thru work but rarely uses it and never talks long so I dont worry

Teens/young adult kids have them they bought and pay for themselves but they dont talk on them except extremely rarely they use them for texting

mumsy2three
by Member on Jul. 27, 2011 at 8:48 AM

I don't use my cell phone enough to worry about it.

LivinDeadGurl
by Maranda on Jul. 27, 2011 at 4:48 PM

I don't even have a cell phone right now.

Pretty much EVERYTHING gives you cancer or is linked to cancer now though.

fineyouguyswin
by on Jul. 27, 2011 at 4:52 PM

nope

midnight_storm
by on Jul. 27, 2011 at 5:21 PM
No, I use a hands free for calls, I'm mostly just on it for Internet.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TheJerseyGirl
by Bronze Member on Jul. 27, 2011 at 8:22 PM

Everything causes cancer...they have us fearing whatever we touch.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)