Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

At what age should you stop taking your little boy into the ladies public restroom?

Posted by on Jun. 17, 2011 at 1:01 PM
  • 8 Replies

Or for that matter a little girl into a men's public restroom?

by on Jun. 17, 2011 at 1:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
RayneofTerror
by on Jun. 17, 2011 at 2:11 PM

i'm not bothered by boys under the age of 10 in ladies rooms... there is a safety issue and it's not like they are kickin down the doors of the stall to watch me pee... as for little girls, i think at about 4 simply because the urinals are open to the world in mens rooms. 

aneela
by on Jul. 14, 2011 at 10:35 AM

i agree with the PP...i dont have issue up to say age 7 or 8...now if the boy is able to go on his own into a bathroom at say a family type restaurant then fine...i probably wouldnt want him going to a very public place though without his dad or a trusted male adult...i would rather take him with me into the ladies and know my son is safe than risk it though esp in very public places (sports stadium, concert hall, etc etc)

paganbaby
by on Jul. 14, 2011 at 10:58 AM

I agree with the boy part.

But what about a dad and a little girl? Would it be better if he took her to the ladies room?

Quoting RayneofTerror:

i'm not bothered by boys under the age of 10 in ladies rooms... there is a safety issue and it's not like they are kickin down the doors of the stall to watch me pee... as for little girls, i think at about 4 simply because the urinals are open to the world in mens rooms. 

Barronbaby
by on Jul. 14, 2011 at 11:21 AM
Probably 10. Not sure for girls since Dh will not take her to the bathroom in public.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
paganbaby
by on Jul. 14, 2011 at 11:34 AM

What does he do when she she has to pee?

Quoting Barronbaby:

Probably 10. Not sure for girls since Dh will not take her to the bathroom in public.

Peanutx3
by on Jul. 14, 2011 at 11:43 AM

Hubby will not take our little girls into the mens room at all.  He says they are too dirty.  Luckily for him he hasn't had an issue with it.  The few times he is out with the girls without me he is somewhere where there are women he trusts to take the girls to the bathroom.

For the boys, it depends where I am at.  I feel safer in some areas then others.  I have let my 6 almost 7 year old go into the bathroom by himself at times.

LindaClement
by on Jul. 14, 2011 at 1:09 PM

I don't think the boy's end matters nearly as much as the girls --because of the urinals in men's.

Happily, in these parts, 'family' or 'handicapped' washrooms are common.

usmclife58
by on Jul. 14, 2011 at 1:15 PM

Not sure... It would depend on the kid, the place. Probably around 10 or so though.

My husband does not like taking the girls into the bathroom with him. The lack of stalls is a big issue. Plus, he said they are usually gross. Plus, he said he was worried some creep would knock him over the head and take her. He tries to find single room bathrooms or family bathrooms first. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN