How to Serve Fried Kool-Aid (VIDEO)
Stop the madness! This frying of all things edible must come to an end, and soon, before we start tossing each other into deep fryers because we've run out of other ideas. I thought I'd heard it all, but deep fried Kool-Aid?! Apparently it's the fried food du jour on this year's California county fair circuit, though if you ask me, it sounds like something concocted by a couple of totally baked college kids who couldn't find anything to eat in the dorm kitchen except Kool-Aid and a vat of Wesson.
Unfortunately we can't attribute this gastronomical disaster to stoner kids. Responsible for the latest artery-clogging invention is "Chicken" Charlie Boghosian, the disputed creator (yes, people actually argue over who gets to take credit for this stuff) of other grease-stained snacks including the fried Oreo, fried Spam, and fried Pop-Tarts. If I had to rate each of these, I'd have to award fried Spam with the Most Revolting prize, while newcomer fried Kool-Aid would snag Most Intriguing ... after all, how does one deep-fry a liquid? Oh wait -- mystery solved! Good ol' Chicken Charlie shows you how to get the job done in this video (hint: you'll need an ice cream scooper).
I'll admit it looks like an entertaining science project, but for the love of cholesterol, please, please don't drink eat the Kool-Aid, or any of these other fried atrocities:
- Deep fried pickles: Snooki likes them. 'Nuff said.
- Deep fried butter: Are you out of your flipping mind? There are faster ways to commit suicide.
- Deep fried Cadbury Creme Eggs: Oh yes, it's true. I've seen it with my own eyes.
- Deep fried Twinkies: Again, I'm pinning this one on those stoned kids in the dorm.
- Deep fried bacon: STFU, really? Not greasy enough for you in its original state?
Would you eat deep fried Kool-Aid?