Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Would you eat this?

Posted by on Jun. 23, 2011 at 7:55 AM
  • 5 Replies

How to Serve Fried Kool-Aid (VIDEO)

Posted by Jacqueline Burt
on June 20, 2011 at 12:45 PM

fried kool aidStop the madness! This frying of all things edible must come to an end, and soon, before we start tossing each other into deep fryers because we've run out of other ideas. I thought I'd heard it all, but deep fried Kool-Aid?! Apparently it's the fried food du jour on this year's California county fair circuit, though if you ask me, it sounds like something concocted by a couple of totally baked college kids who couldn't find anything to eat in the dorm kitchen except Kool-Aid and a vat of Wesson.

Unfortunately we can't attribute this gastronomical disaster to stoner kids. Responsible for the latest artery-clogging invention is "Chicken" Charlie Boghosian, the disputed creator (yes, people actually argue over who gets to take credit for this stuff) of other grease-stained snacks including the fried Oreo, fried Spam, and fried Pop-Tarts. If I had to rate each of these, I'd have to award fried Spam with the Most Revolting prize, while newcomer fried Kool-Aid would snag Most Intriguing ... after all, how does one deep-fry a liquid? Oh wait -- mystery solved! Good ol' Chicken Charlie shows you how to get the job done in this video (hint: you'll need an ice cream scooper).

I'll admit it looks like an entertaining science project, but for the love of cholesterol, please, please don't drink eat the Kool-Aid, or any of these other fried atrocities:

1. Deep fried pickles: Snooki likes them. 'Nuff said.
  2. Deep fried butter: Are you out of your flipping mind? There are faster ways to commit suicide.
  3. Deep fried Cadbury Creme Eggs: Oh yes, it's true. I've seen it with my own eyes.
  4. Deep fried Twinkies: Again, I'm pinning this one on those stoned kids in the dorm.
  5. Deep fried bacon: STFU, really? Not greasy enough for you in its original state?

Would you eat deep fried Kool-Aid?

by on Jun. 23, 2011 at 7:55 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Strega
by on Jun. 23, 2011 at 7:58 AM

No I would not! Any of those would be disgusting.

wedding website

bamababe1975
by on Jun. 23, 2011 at 10:45 AM

No. I have tried fried Coke and that was like a Coke-flavored donut, so I'm guessing the fried Kool-Aid would taste like a strawberry-flavored donut, which doesn't sound appetizing at all. I do like fried pickles and I've had a fried Snickers which was weird enough, but I haven't tried any of the others.

iluv2read
by on Jun. 23, 2011 at 11:27 AM

No way, gross!

girlygirl320
by on Jun. 23, 2011 at 11:32 AM
Yuck!! No!! But fried oreos are actually good.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
carolina_gal
by Member on Jun. 23, 2011 at 12:12 PM

Ick!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN