Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

If you could open a charity...

Posted by on Jun. 27, 2011 at 10:47 AM
  • 9 Replies

what would it be for?

by on Jun. 27, 2011 at 10:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Wyldbutterfly
by on Jun. 27, 2011 at 11:13 AM

I would open, not a charity, but I would open a home for abused and abandoned animals.

This really pulls at my heart strings and there is such a great need for it in my state.

All of the animals would be loved and cared for. They would also be spayed or neutered to help control the over pet population that runs rampant.

fineyouguyswin
by on Jun. 27, 2011 at 11:30 AM

I've always wanted to open a safe haven for animals. If I had the moeny I would take in every stray I could and keep them till they died or I found homes for them :O)

Wyldbutterfly
by on Jun. 27, 2011 at 11:32 AM

Quoting fineyouguyswin:

I've always wanted to open a safe haven for animals. If I had the moeny I would take in every stray I could and keep them till they died or I found homes for them :O)

You and I both! :)

fineyouguyswin
by on Jun. 27, 2011 at 11:36 AM

Great minds think alike :O)

I take in at least a stray a year.lol One of my dogs is a pound puppy(well she was 7 witha  litter of puppies). One I got out of the back of a truck the guy jsut threw him in :O( ( yes I stole him.lol) he couldn't even eat solid food yet. And I have a cat I found in my bush :O( almost dead now he is as big as a dog.lol but he was maybe 4 weeks old when I found him.

Quoting Wyldbutterfly:

Quoting fineyouguyswin:

Wyldbutterfly
by on Jun. 27, 2011 at 11:44 AM

All of our animals have been strays, given to us by people who no longer wanted them or adopted from rescues.

Pets have been such a huge part of our lives for 19 years that I would be so lost without them and the love they give you is unconditional!

Quoting fineyouguyswin:

Great minds think alike :O)

I take in at least a stray a year.lol One of my dogs is a pound puppy(well she was 7 witha  litter of puppies). One I got out of the back of a truck the guy jsut threw him in :O( ( yes I stole him.lol) he couldn't even eat solid food yet. And I have a cat I found in my bush :O( almost dead now he is as big as a dog.lol but he was maybe 4 weeks old when I found him.

Quoting Wyldbutterfly:

Quoting fineyouguyswin:

LuLu5J
by on Jun. 27, 2011 at 11:50 AM

I would start a charity to send new or gently used clothes and housewares for women in Mexico.  My husband is from there and whenever we go we take clothes, shoes, and other things for the home so that his mom and sisters can use.  The clothes and all these other things are SO expensive over there it's ridiculous.  Only the well-off can actually afford to have car seats, or even strollers for that matter.  It's ridiculous.

On another note, I would also campaign for car seat and seat belt requirements for children in Mexico.  It's scary how dangerous that can be.

johnny4ever
by Mrs. Depp on Jun. 27, 2011 at 12:28 PM

For single parents

lenoxclan
by on Jul. 1, 2011 at 11:49 AM

It would probably be animal related

lenoxclan
by on Jul. 1, 2011 at 11:49 AM

in fact now that I have thought a few seconds..It would be to help the poor with vet care.. I think everyone deserves to be able to have a pet..

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN