Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Did You Educate Your INFANT?

Posted by on Jun. 29, 2011 at 1:52 AM
  • 11 Replies

Have you used any of the INFANT education kits etc that are on the market...

such as...

Teach Your Baby To Read

Or any of the Baby Sign Language kits

Did you do any prenatal educating to your child in the womb and whether you did or not do you believe it has any affect on an unborn baby's development?

IF You used any of these things or similar please tell us your experience with them, positive or negative.

by on Jun. 29, 2011 at 1:52 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
2girlsandcat
by on Jun. 29, 2011 at 6:54 AM

I didn't use anything like this with my yougest baby. But my oldest who is now 6yo I did the baby plus and she is a smart cookie.

tears30314
by on Jun. 29, 2011 at 7:02 AM
for my first one, i read to him myself. my other 2 i listened to classical music well moreso because I like it and while they r smarties, I would like to do it all with this last baby
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
johnny4ever
by Mrs. Depp on Jun. 29, 2011 at 7:59 AM

Womb Song

4kidz916
by on Jun. 29, 2011 at 8:28 AM

I always played music for them when I was pregnant and after they were born we read alot.  I didn't purchase anything special for it.

steelcrazy
by on Jun. 29, 2011 at 10:18 AM

I didn't use any of that stuff and I have 2 extremely intelligent boys.  I talked to my children constantly, infact I now find myself talking to myself when I'm grocery shopping.  I asked them questions and gave them challenges while shopping.  For example:  We need apples.  What letter does apples start with?  We need red apples, can you find the red apples?  We need 6 red apples, can you count them as we put them in the bag?  As they got older the questions and challenges got harder.

Mom2jngnc
by Member on Jun. 29, 2011 at 11:58 AM

Not with any of that.
My oldest two, I just read to, talked to them with real questions, words, etc.. like I was expecting a comment or answer.
My third son, I read to, talked to him, did some basic sign with. He needed speech therapy and had hearing issues. So he ended up with his therapist coming twice a week from the time he was 20 months old until he started K.
My fourth son we read to, tried teaching him basic sign (he wanted no part with that) adn talk to him......
Everyone is doing just fine in school.

Wife to John, Mom to John, Garrett, CJ and Alex
full-time Auntie to Carly-Ann

New York Moms
Join us on The New York Moms Group! - - NY Moms Group Mod

Maddies_mom101
by on Jun. 29, 2011 at 1:22 PM

I didnt use anything with either of my kiddos and they are both very smart

stormystar15
by on Jun. 29, 2011 at 1:28 PM
I dont use any of that just read and talk a lot. i got my oldest some workbooks for abc's and 123's just to go over what i had already taught him and to also teach him how to write, problem solve, etc. ive heard that your baby can read is just the baby memorizing the words and that a lot of teachers have had to teach them how to actually read.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Liansmommie
by on Jun. 29, 2011 at 1:39 PM

About the only thing we did was look at the baby einstein flash cards on the computer screen during feeding times. He loved the pictures and the foreign words. It was a great way to distract him from dumping his dinner on his head. He loved all the baby einstein videos because he self soothed to the music. He still does but he has moved from music box classical to orchestral.  classical. Books and learning have always been a part of our daily lives so I can't point to any one thing that might have made him smart.

Blueskyes
by on Jun. 29, 2011 at 3:23 PM

No, but I almost bought TEACH MY TODDLER one year before I realized what was in that kit my daughter already pretty much knew. It was so popular one Christmas it was sold out and was selling for $49.99.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN